Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Jimmy crack corn, and I don't care.

Work did not start out as smoothly as I'd like. Yesterday BJH asked me to tailor a report I had previously created for the clinic to a specific doctor. It took the rest of the day to run the four reports to compile the data, and I was going to finish it this morning. When I went to open it, I got the message that it was opened on her machine and I could view it read only, or notify. Why this bristled my fur, I'm not sure.

Now we are having seatbelt talk. Someone here in the office actually still doesn't wear a seatbelt and we are giving her a bad time about it.

I bet when management walks around the office they feel like they're leading 'the wave' for a bleacher full of football fans. It seems to me that as they walk by, we all turn back around to face our desks in unison. I've noticed it a lot today, and it's kind of humorous.

Yesterday the clinic gave out organizer/planners with calculators and cell phone holders to the non-medical clinic staff in honor of 'Employee appreciation day', or Secrataries day as it was created in 1952 by Harry Klemfuss.

I've never heard this piece of history: Disco days goldfish in platform shoes? Literally? Drilling a hole in the heel and putting water and a goldfish in for a night of dancing? Is this urban legened? Eeewww!

Guess what! The music to 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star' and the 'ABC song' are the same! I would have thought that everyone already figured this out, but my cubies didn't know, so others out there in the world must also be unawares. Sing along with me now..."Twinkle twinkle little star, H-I-J-K-L-M-N-O-P, Up above the world so high, W-X-Y and Z, Twinkle twinkle little star, Next time won't you sing with me!"

That was fun.

Word(s) of the day: OSMOSIS

I am so excited that Grammy got a Neopet! Why? I don't know, something to share I guess.

Lexie log: The Pink Puppy saga continues. Lexie aquired a tiny puppy from a Happy Meal. She is enamoured of it, and I keep having to reasure Daddy that it is temporary and Pink Puppy will prevail. Last night we ran around the back yard until the sun went down. I tried very hard to teach her how to get a cat to chase after an old bathrobe tie, but as soon as any of our cats started after, she would run up to them yelling, "BAAAA!" I kept trying to explain to her this isn't how it worked, but she wasn't going for it. We finally had to quit when she felt like I was scolding her for having fun chasing the cats. Someday... She will eventually have a blast with this, as I do, but she will probably have to learn by watching for a while. There's nothing better than a heard of cats racing around the yard after you, leaping in the air after some old toy or rope. -- New movies she's checking out; 'Jimmy Neutron - Boy Genius', and Veggie Tales episodes. -- It's getting warmer, almost time for the inflatable pool.

Today I'm grateful for, Frank and Lexie, our house and yard, Grammy and GranDad, Gramma Betty, time with family, my secretary, and life.




No comments: