Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Gliddy glub gloopy, Nibby nabby noopy, La la la lo lo. Sabba sibby sabba, Nooby abba nabba, Le le lo lo. Tooby ooby walla, Nooby abba naba...

Good Morning Starshine! What a cluster this morning has been. The backup for the billing application database we use didn't run last night. This is more of an issue than normal, as it should have been the backup for month end close. First thing this morning Giner told me that a report she had ran last night had not finished, and that it had postponed other job processes. Then a little over an hour later, everyone was kicked off the system automatically so the backup could run. We still hadn't put two and two together to figure out that her report had pushed the backup to run during regular work hours. Giner was raising quite a ruckus about the backup issue, until she must have discovered that it was her fault. Then, forgetting that she had already told me about the report, she went in and deleted it. Then IT Seth found out from PRISM support that it was a report that caused the problem and she acted like she didn't know anything about it. Since I seem to be the office Report Writer expert, Seth sauntered over to my desk to inquire if I knew anything about it. Just as I was explaining what Giner had said to me earlier, she came over and did her darndest to save face. It was painfull to watch her back pedalling. I am just so irritated at her for that. Over a year ago, I did the same thing, I mean, I ran a report that went into an infinite loop and stopped everything all night until the old IT guy killed it. Just fess up to you mistakes people! It's so much easier, simple, and for God's sake, it won't kill you. It'll probably even make you stronger as well as happier. Arrghhh! Ok, I'm done with that (p)issue.

Today a City of Portland work crew had three trucks, and six guys out in the intersection in front of the clinic. They redirected traffic using orange cones so that they could remove and repaint the right turn only arrow. Not only do we all agree (here in the office) that the new arrow is much worse than the old one, but they kept having to rearrange the cones for trucks and bus traffic. Two different busses ran over and dragged cones away, one over a block away. I actually called the number on the side of the truck and they patched me through to dispatch who basically blew me off. Whatever. I wonder how many tax payer dollars are wasted on lost cones. Why did it take three trucks and six guys? They used something like a sander to remove (an not so well either) the old arrow, swept up the dust, painted the new one, heated the pavement with a blow torch, and cooled it with water. Not all at the same time, mind you. So, basically, only one person was working one piece of equipment at a time. Sander, broom, torch, painter, water sprayer.


Word(s) of the day: SUPERFLUOUS RUCKUS

Lexie log: Yesterday Grammy came over for her weekly visit. We all went to Fred Meyers to get some steak and shoes. Grammy bought us two awesome steaks, Lexie would not eat a bite. She just doesn't like it. She had cheese and spinach raviolli. While we were at the store, Grammy gave her a Mylar helium Sponge Bob balloon to carry around. By the time we got home, Lexie was pooped. While Grammy and I copied pictures to CD, Lexie and Sponge Bob sat in an oversized chair and carried on quite the animated conversation. Eventually, she tried to take a nap on the chair, with him. It was hysterical to watch. No matter how she maneuvered about and repositioned herself and Sponge Bob, she couldn't get comfortable. Her legs would hang over the edge, Sponge Bob would float back up to the ceiling, and the whole while she is just goofy and exhausted. Good stuff. Naptime finally came around 7:00pm. Very late.

Correction to previous post: Grammy pointed out to me yesterday that I mistakenly referred to Gramma Betty as Grammy in Monday's blog. I have since corrected this.

Today I'm grateful for Frank and Lexie, balloons, entertainment, audio books, 80's music, and weekends.

No comments: