Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Swim little fishy, swim if you can. And they swam and they swam right over the damn. Boop boop didum dadum wadum CHOO!

About ten minutes ago Rome announced the new Pope. Pope Benedict the 16th. He is the German Cardinal Ratzinger. We are wondering how exactly do they pick a popes name. Did a little research and John Paul (Pius) meant continuity and conservatism, and Benedict means something to the effect of moving a different direction, perhaps not so conservative. They make some comparison to Cardinal Jean-Marie Lustiger who was deemed to be too old to be elected. Wikpedia, the free Internet Encyclopedia, already has an entry for the new Pope. Now that was quick!

Word(s) of the day: AZALEA

Lexie log: Grammy came over yesterday and took Lexie for a walk aound the block. When I got home, I took her for another one. Looking forward to walks with her, they are fun. The downfall was that I put her in sandals that weren't made for long walks, and with no socks. So, by the end she was pointing to her right foot and saying, "Owee." I took off her shoe and she had a blister. So, I carried her over the asphalt and she walked barefoot on the sidewalk. Oh, but getting neosporin and a bandaid on that was a production. She was already tired and she fought it kicking. I finally convinced her to leave the bandaid on for a while, partly by putting one on myself to show her. Then, she got the new books I ordered her. Four new books for her. She fell asleep in her highchair after some macaroni. Grammy got her some new summer clothes, yeah! We all went to bed at the same time for the third night in a row. Oh, and I forgot to say that the other night she snacked on a green olive with red pepper in the center. She didn't much care for the pepper, but she did enjoy the olive. Yicky!


Today I'm grateful for Frank and Lexie, sunny days, the backyard minimum cat security prison Dad installed while he lived in this house, trip to Alaska, coffee, and weekends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm curious about the fishy song, as a child I had a record with that on it, but I have no idea what the name of the actual song is, can you tell me?

jwbryan76@hotmail.com