Friday, April 15, 2005

Should five percent appear to small, be thankful I don't take it all. 'Cause I'm the taxman, Yeah, I'm the taxman.

Filed federal in February E-file, state last week paper. It would be nice if state didn't cost to E-file. Here I am at work today. Hello J.H. Anyone know what movie that's from? Brazil! Weird flicks to watch: Flash Gordon, Barbarella, and Brazil. All very weird movies.

Is it Friday yet? Why yes, it is. I have a little over 39 hours of vacation saved up for Alaska. Since it's actually PTO, If I have to take any sick or other time off, that hurts. By my calculations, if I don't take any paid time off between now and August, I should have about two weeks. It sure does seem like I used to have a lot more vacation time. Hey, It's Friday, I have two unpaid vacation days coming in three hours, so quit yer pithing.

Carrie, stop singing about your butt hurting to 'My Darling Clementine.' Stand up and walk around or something, better yet, you can go get us lunch. Thanks pal.

Dilemma: I don't have a working, free Swahili to English dictionary... A little help please?

Word(s) of the day: UTOPIA

Lexie log: Daddy and I have always been really big on flashlights. Although it is immensely interesting that we happened to meet each other because of a flashlight, this has nothing to do with it. We have always just been fascinated with them. We can spend a great deal of time in the flash light section of G.I. Joes. We are constantly searching for the perfect light. Portable, super bright, great distance. The smaller and brighter, the better. Of course if you could aim it with your hands full, or set it down and have it aimed perfectly at anything, and, well, we have yet to find perfection. We have had headlamps, one's that convert to lanterns, super big ones, super tiny ones, you name it, we can't resist. Currently I carry a cobalt blue mini-maglite in my purse. Now, to pass the torch, so to speak, Lexie has her first flashlight of her own. Her Daddy bought her one last night. We decided to get her one a couple of days ago, when she borrowed one of ours and had such a blast that she cried when we eventually tried to repo it. This one has a strap and a rubber easy grip. She loves it. We made the mistake of giving it to her right after her nap and before dinner. It was very hard to get her to stop and eat her dinner. We wandered around the house with her turning off the lights. She would spotlight an object and say what it was. For example, in a dark kitchen, she shines it on a ball and says, "ball", then the fish, then a chair. We have always been abnormally obsessed with flashlights, but never knew they could be such fun. Maybe the weekend, weather permitting, we can try it out in the backyard. Sorry neighbors.

Today I'm grateful for Frank and Lexie, flashlights, couches, bean burritos, weekends, energy (wish I had more), and stuff.

No comments: