Monday, April 25, 2005

The wheels on the bus go round and round...

All through the town. I just brought in a CD I made up for Carrie's son Jason, and decided to play some samples for TT and KC. Thought it would be funny to play, 'Wheels on the Bus', since she had a time where it was constantly stuck in her head. KC has some moods and I should have known better. Boy did I get the stink eye! I wonder how long it will be this time before she acknowledges my existence again.

Please visit this link.


I'm sure it will expire by next week, so years down the road it won't do a thing to try it, but for now anyway... I signed up really late, so I probably won't even get a donation. This is the March of Dimes walk that Lexie's enlarged photo will be in. Marylue just showed it to me. It's laminated and huge, and we get to keep it when the walk is done. Frank, a.k.a Daddy, was a premature baby. Lexie, on the other hand, was actually a couple days late for her due date, so it's a little odd for her to be the poster child for this cause... But she representing for Daddy.

I'm not sure why this bugs me but: It's clear to me that there are some office politics going on. I just went over to take a picture of the March of Dimes baby photo contest board and notices that Lexie's has a blue ribbon that says #1 Winner, but there are three or four runner ups for most photogenic and best smile, etc. Someone else told me maybe it is because they don't want to step on any doctors toes, they are doctors children, except two who are patients. I'm going to stop here, however, since I am being petty.

Geeze, what side of the bed did I wake up on this morning?

I squashed Frank's fingers in the automatic window of our car yesterday. Yikes! I felt really awful about it, but his reaction to it was so dramatic, and I felt so bad about it, that I almost totally ignored it. It was some weird circle of shame blame. He thought I might be ignoring him because I was pissed at his comment on the tire rubbing the curb, and I thought he was over-reacting to make me feel bad. Not one of our better moments. Luckily we were transported back to adolescence only temporarily though.

I've been informed that I am 'delayed' today. I seem to be a couple seconds, or moments, behind absolutely everything and everyone else. Kind of like a deer in headlights. Luckily, this hasn't been too painful, a little humorous, in fact.

Word(s) of the day: STOPPAGE, IMPEDIMENT

Lexie log: She's coming in today with Grammy and Daddy! Yipee! I'm so glad it's at the end of the day so I don't have to work after wards, it would be too hard. -- This weekend we lounged for the most part. It was very rainy, so our kite flying plans were scrapped. Saturday Daddy let me sleep in till almost noon and brought me breakfast in bed. Lexie got up at 7:12am and didn't take a nap until 4:00pm. She was viscious tired and cranky by then. We went to get Daddy a hair cut and thought she would fall asleep on the way there and I would listen to my book, while she slept and Daddy was getting a haircut to go (Funny Dad!). She refused to fall asleep, as usual. We walked to the coffee shop where we got her a chocolate milk (sugar? why? am I nuts?) and myself a mocha. She did very well with the coffee cup with the lid and straw, for a while anyway. When Daddy was done, we went back into the coffee shop to show him the fish tank Lexie liked to look at, and she dumped her chocolate milk over the just mopped floor. She had a total fit, and since my cup looked like hers, she wanted my coffee. Wow, this was a battle, all the way to Albertson's where I stood in the ailse while Daddy bought a sippy cup and strawberry milk to replace it. She kept freaking out and trying to get my coffee. There was absolutely no consoling her, and no reprimanding either. It was just difficult. Finally she calmed down and we did the shopping with a happy, and oh so sleepy, child. Of course, the moment we got back in the car to go home she conked out and slept until 6:00. Sunday we went to Gramma Betty's house. Another short weekend, and I'm already planning the next one.


Today I'm grateful for Frank and Lexie, coffee, weekends, attitude adjustments, deep breathes, 24 hour fitness, rain, babies, and other stuff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was neat to see where you work. So many people in such a small place. I think I could really get lost there. Lexie is definitely a two-year-old: one minute a charmer the next a little monster and there's no predicting which one will appear when. --Mom