Tuesday, April 12, 2005

I just called to say 'I love you'.

Blogging early today. Lunch today is a meeting on the new 401K plan. Catered and paid lunch. Anyway, getting my blog in here and there when I can. Yesterday the cube decided it would be acceptable to bring in headsets and listen to music, or whatever, to drown out some of the annoying and high volume chitter chatter. I am soooo excited about this as I have been dying to listen to my mp3 player while posting payments, but didn't want to seem offensive. At first, when I started listening to my book, I thought I wouldn't catch anything, that I would be too distracted. Now I am on a roll. My keying is going just fine and I'm happily enjoying to story line. I take breaks every so often. If this keeps up I could be really happy.

Dad (my Daddy), just called on the way to the docs. It's been a rough week for me waiting to hear about all this, and I totally love Dad's attitude. Usually this wouldn't be the sort of thing I'd jump to blog at, but they did call while I was in the middle of blogging, and it is the only thing in my head to type. You know the almost breathless feeling accompanied by butterflies in the stomach and the slightly hot burn of tears that won't ever push past your eyes, all along with a tremendous feeling of love. Dad and Mom went to ER last night, Dad with minor hemorrhage from procedures done last week to check on his cancer. Wow! I can't believe how incredibly hard that was for me to type. I got all the way to the last two words, and couldn't get them out. It just doesn't feel right to give him ownership of something so boorish and churlish. Three cheers to bacille Calmette-Guerin. Get thee gone CIS!

Word(s) of the day: AMPOULE


Here is an excerpt from a page I hit doing some research. I'm going to keep this passage in my prayers: "...Once in the bladder, the live organisms (BCG) enter macrophages, where they induce the same type of histologic and immunologic reaction as found in patients with tuberculosis. BCG also has a predilection for entering bladder cancer cells, where the proteins are broken down and fragments are combined with histocompatibility antigens and displayed on the cell surface. This induces a cytokine and direct cell-to-cell cytotoxicity response, which targets these cells for destruction...." On top of how much I appreciate how this is going to work, it also includes a veritable feast of neato words.

Lexie log: Lexie was sweet as apple pie last night. She is normally sweet mixed in with feisty, but last night, just sweet as sweet can be. It was the first night since I can remember that she didn't beg for a bath. She took pink puppy out on the deck and knelt with him on the bench to look at the moon and the night sky. When she came back in the house she said, "Goodnight moon. Goodnight twinkle start." Melt your heart. Then, she actually wanted to go to bed when we did. We turned off all the lights, she crawled into our bed, and she started quietly talking to us. Then, she reached over and found my face with her soft little hands, and gave me a goodnight kiss. I told her, "I love you," and she said back in the sweetest little voice, " Ah dove u." Then Daddy said, "I love you, " and she again said, "Ah dove u." It was so sweet and perfect.


Today I'm grateful for Frank and Lexie, Mom and Dad, Piroshkis, Orowheat Healthnut bread, the Internet, fragrant hand lotion, audio books, and happiness.







No comments: