Friday, May 13, 2005

Country road, take me home, to the place, I belong...

I woke up at 7:21 am this morning. I am usually in the parking lot hear at 6:30 am. Now I don't have any strange superstitions like Friday the 13th, but still, not a good start. Need a nap already. Great B-day party for Lucas, but I guess I've turned into a pansy wuss when it comes to staying up late on a work night.

Word(s) of the day: TUCKERED AND DYSPHORIC

Lexie log: She had a blast at Lucas' party. She ate a hotdog and most of my hamburger, some Fritos and fingers of ketchup. She sucked down a glass of Steve and Zoe's Fat Free Organic milk like it was her favorite. Too bad it's a little too expensive for our budget. She loved dancing on carpet, the loved the attention and the other kids. Need to get out with her more often. I wish she would have played more with Sophia, and Lucas definitely is getting to an age where he chooses boys to play with before girls. Lexie ran around when Lucas and 'Tank' (five year old boy never seen before), she tried to climb a tree, as she was running about she fell a couple of times in shorts on pavement and didn't make a peep. People commented on her toughy attitude. Once she figured out that she could race around in circles from outside, through the sliding glass back door, through the living room, kitchen, pantry and out back again, there was no stopping her. Once she made it up the stairs to the bedrooms before we noticed to look for her. These same stairs my graceful Rosarita navigated into a stormtrooper boot that she had to wear to stonehenge. It was hard to leave, but necessary. It was late and I was getting frustrated with all the worrying someone at the party was doing. I resolve to get out and do more things with Lexie and Tracy.

Today I'm grateful for Frank and Lexie, best friends listening, werewolves, carpet, barbecues, papertowels, water, and toodle-OO.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What does "These same stairs my graceful Rosarita navigated into a stormtrooper boot that she had to wear to stonehenge" mean?? Suddenly I lost all sense of what you are talking about.

--Mom