Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Wise men say, only fools rush in...

Another day of tension and turmoil. Meeting scheduled, bulleted lists typed up, evaluations set forth unto paper, expectations high, and a flurry of attitude. Boss man says we are having a Friday the 13th celebration Friday and he's going to disembowel someone. Carrie then asks if we should bring wine glasses. Odd Wednesday. When I was in the fourth grade, I went to a school in California, Hawes Elementary. At the beginning of the day the teacher always had a different student write the day of the week on the chalkboardIn my filtered memory, I recall that the teacher always called on me Wenesday, my hardest to spell. I also used to have big issues with the non-word 'brang'. I was always telling how I 'brang' this or 'brang' that. Instead of outright correcting me, she would ask, "What did you say?" and keep repeating the question until my confused little brain figured out that she was pointing out that I was using bad grammar, not asking what I had said. I BROUGHT it already. To this day, I have issues when I hear someone else say, 'brang'. I also have had difficulty my entire life with writing anything legible on a chalk board. Enough about me though. Who brang doughnuts?


Word(s) of the day: ECHELON, REAR ECHELON

Lexie log: She loves fish tanks. Yesterday after going to the bank and Albertson's, we went into the coffee shop next door to look at their fish tank. We have done this before, but couldn't spend much time as she spilled her drink all over their freshly mopped floor, and then freaked out about loosing her chocolate (previous blog). This time we went in fresh and beverage free. This is how totally cool the tank is: last time I only saw three fish, there are actually ten. It's an octagonal tank with very natural look. A plecostomus, two angel fish, four clown loaches, and three unknown (by me). We watched them for some time.

Today I'm grateful for Frank and Lexie, Carrie's spaghetti, the color orange, multi-colored doilies, hapiness, walking, butterflies, houseflies, barflies, magpies, Marty Feldman's eyes, and silly stuff.

No comments: