Monday, May 02, 2005

Go Toora Loora Toora Loo-Rye-Aye

Monday, Monday, Monday. And the first of weekday of the month. Report, report report. Job, job, job, money, money, money, etc. etc. etc.

All I'll say about work today is that I am having an a continuous succession of irritable with others moments strung together between off in my own little world glee. I am letting myself get too wound up about peds nurse Sherry C. She is coming across very snobbish. I really need to work on dropping this.

Word(s) of the day: WATER HEAD

Lexie log: Daddy and Lexie call each other 'Water heads'. They go back and forth saying, "You're a water head", "No, you're a water head", ... And so on, and so forth. -- We had a great time at the Walk America. At first when we went to pick up our T-shirt, Lexie must have caught on to my frustrated attitude at all the people cutting between us and the table, she started to cry. Then I paid more attention to the fact that she was stuck in the stroller with tons of people and she is at their knee level, all kinds of talking and noise. Not the most peaceful environment. We hustled out of there as soon as we could, I was a little more aggressive at getting my turn in line, and we found our way to Karina, Alyssa, LB and her sister Jodi. The Peds nurse mentioned above unloaded the clinic banner, with Lexie's picture, on me as soon as she saw me. LB, Jodi and I took turns carrying it. Then, snob nurse, and her crew took off 45 minutes before the walk started so they could get it over with. I'm still not happy about that. Oh well, there stuff, not ours. I enjoyed walking with the six of us and got along just great with LB in an out of work environment. Lexie got along famously with Karina's daughter Alyssa. She carried Lexie, held her hand, gave her a ride on her shoulders. Lexie found a new best friend, and by the end of the it was very difficult to pull Lex away from her. We had to trick her into a hand swap. Then Lexie just had an absolute blast dancing to the live band Five Guys named Mo. She just loved it. She tried to imitate another couple of kids who were break dancing, and made an attempt at the worm. This move involve falling forward to the ground in a semi-graceful looking manner that resembles the movement of an inch worm. Lexie looks more like the 'timber', as she belly flops to the ground, palm first, at least. She keeps trying to practice this ever since. It's a little unnerving. We had to leave the dance area when she began to make attempts at getting on-stage. We basically left with her kicking and screaming to get back there. We ate a free lunch/snack and she was asleep before we were back on the west side. We took a nice little nap when we got home. Sunday we watched Zoolander, which we have seen before and think is awesomely funny, but the DVD was scratched up so we had a few issues. We took it back in and they let us replace it with another movie, so we picked Ocean's 12. Then we went to Gramma Betty's and they played for a couple hours. Another great weekend. Right now, Grammy is on her way down for a visit. When I get off work, I'll pick up Frank to go work out and Grammy will take Lexie for a walk. I'm feeling melancholy about Lex and want to just play with her today, so Grammy agreed we would find something for all of us to do when I get home.

Today I'm grateful for Frank and Lexie, fun activities, free stuff, appliances, water, books, music, and laughter.

No comments: