Tuesday, May 03, 2005

It was a one-eyed, one-horned flyin' purple people eater.

Today is already better than yesterday. Moods were tense here, and I'm not sure if it was just me or a few of us were on edge. Later on in the day, after I'd already blogged, I did have a tizzy over what I felt was people who have never known different passing judgment on a group of people that (to me anyway) classes them as less than them. How can anyone be better than anyone else? Choice is also a deceptive concept. How many choices people have to make every moment without knowing or understanding the consequences. Where does innocence go? Enough.

Word(s) of the day: VINCULUS

Lexie log: Gramma Betty got Lexie some new tennirunners Sunday, since I seem to have lost the ones Grammy got her. I was pretty excited that we went so long without losing a toy, bootie, hat, sock, jacket, etc., then I go and let the shoes walk off. Lexie and Grammy took them for a test run yesterday and now I have to detail them. They're really cool from the movie Madagascar and they light up. I didn't pick them out. Daddy picked them out. -- Yesterday was Grammy's visit day, and as usual, Lexie gets very possessive over Grammy. When I get home from work I actually have to chase her around and tickle her so that she won't get mad and try to keep me separate from Grammy. She fell asleep during dinner, so she had to eat later, after Grammy left. Before Grammy left, we sat in the office and played/discussed Neopets while Lexie napped. Another Neopets junkie is born. Later that evening, she finished watching Jimmy Neutron for the umpteenth time, and we had another dance session to the credits. I was so inspired by the joy of dancing, I was moved to make an attempt at getting our home theatre system to play the radio. Yeah Mommy! Mommy vs. Marantz; Marantz 0, Mommy WON! Hehehe... We danced to loud music in the living room. It was great. Then, as is the case lately, we all went to bed on time! Woohoo!

Today I'm grateful for Frank and Lexie, coffee, bananas, dancing, music, hope, flowers, light, scratched itches, smiles, horses, chlorophyll, oxygen, sweet and sour sauce, free range chickens, wild caught salmon, friends, family, family friends, friendly families, and life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Judgement? Choices? You got it right, Mello. It's really all about compassion, understanding, forgiveness, and...oh, yes...love. Smooch!...:)