Thursday, May 05, 2005

Yo no soy marinero...

Pero, Yo soy nadador.

Adding another person to the list of people not so fond or our current office manager. And this person was befriended by her in the beginning.


Word(s) of the day: QUAGMIRE WHISTLE PEA


Lexie log: Ohhhhh, this morning was so hard! After I got ready for work I went into the room for something, and Lexie was lying awake in bed. She started talking all Lexie cute to me, so I crawled in next to her and we had a long conversation. It was so precious! I tried to leave, but she tackled me. We sat on the couch and talked for a while and I put in a movie to distract her from me leaving. Cutie, cutie, cutie. -- We were planning on going to Sierra's softball practice tonight, but the weather is predicting thunder storms, so probably not. -- Tuesday night Lexie was not in the mood for bed at bedtime, so we had to come up with something to entice her. We turned off all the lights in the house, put her in our bed, and gave her her flashlight. We spent the next 20 minutes playing shadow puppets on the ceiling and laughing. Then she tired out and fell asleep. It was great. -- This weekend we are going to the coast for Mother's Day. Part of me wants it to be sunny and nice, the other part fancies a good storm. -- My two biggest dreams for family activities are to go to Disney World and Mexico. I hope we get to do both before she turns 16.

Today I'm grateful for Frank and Lexie, hopes and dreams, weather, eyes, water, steam, eucalyptus, ruins, trees, toes, and bread.

No comments: