Thursday, May 26, 2005

This is a test of the emergency broadcast system...

In the event of a real emergency instruction would follow. But instead, here's a really annoying noise to listen to.....

I did go into work this morning with the full intentions of staying until 2:00, then leaving for my interview, but............ After about 45 minutes I really didn't want to be there anymore and since I have more than 49 hours PTO I went home with allergies. Fact, Allavert and Claratine are both 10 mg Loritadine.

Word(s) of the day: CORVUS BRACHYRHYNCHOS

Lexie log: Yesterday afternoon she pulled a real number on Grammy. She put on a little punishment show by not letting her console or kiss her after she bumped her head. She dramatized real sincerity in her agony over her very superficial wound, then acted as if Grammy contrived the whole accident. Grammy's work hard for their rewards, this I can see. -- This morning I showed up back home around 9:00am to a just waking happy child. We ate breakfast in bed and took a nap. It was nice. Now we're just done watching the season finally of House that we taped Tuesday night so that we could watch the Contender, and Lexie is playing imagination games with her stuffed animals and a cardboard box at me feet as I type this. It's almost 90 degrees outside. I have to end the entry, get ready, and go interview. Afterwards we'll probably go to Petco to get some new rocks for Charlie's tank and then, the pool! We inflated and filled it yesterday afternoon and it has a tarp over the top to heat the water and keep crud out. Off I go...

Today I'm grateful for Frank and Lexie, playing hookie, breakfast burritos, children with oversized silverware, summer, and happiness.

No comments: