Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Life is a highway, I wanna ride it, all night long...

Feeling a tad nervous about the interview. I'm not really concerned with how I'll do, since I'm not unemployed and am just looking for better. I'm really nervous about the possibility of such a huge change. If it doesn't work out either for me, or for them, I keep things going the way they are now. But...If they offer what I'm looking for, well then... Anyway, can't think about much else at this point. Trying to plod along my work until this afternoon.

Word(s) of the day: PONTIFICATE

Lexie log: Xena move over. Lexie, warrior princess has arrived. After no nap all day, she played for over an hour in the backyard as it was getting dark. The whole expedition started because she was learning to play with TurkeySwoop with two shoelaces tied together. She is getting better at this, but TurkeySwoop looses patience quickly. Turkey, Tiki, and Chikita tolerate her the best, but really only Turkey and Tiki will take the time to play with her. In fact, Turkey actually enjoys wandering around the yard with her. So, back to the shoe lace game. She takes the end of the lace she wants him to play with and places it under one of his front paws. This doesn't do anything for him, but when she pulls it away the paws fly and Lexie laughs. Turkey tires of this much quicker than her, and as soon he gets bored with it he starts wandering away from her. They made it out to the back yard finally, and she lost interest in the game. The yard during nice weather is still a pretty new thing to her, and very fun/fascinating. First she wanted to pick up every branch that as fallen off the pine trees and bring it to us, so I flipped over the yard debris bucket and showed her to put them and pine cones in there. Now it was a game/hunt for her. She did a nice little piece of yard work. When she was bored with that she found an old wooden rake handle and started wielding it like a Bokken. Parry. Thrust. Dodge. Poor tree never had a chance. Since she was so tired, it was a little hard (noisy) to get her in when it got cold and dark. The way she puts up a tantrum, sometimes I'm amazed the neighbors don't call the police thinking we're hurting her. She put up a small battle to get to bed, but I'm pretty sure she was asleep before her head hit the pillow. I am so excited about being able to spend time outside with her now that it's getting warmer. I've been hearing that it's supposed to get into the 90's later this week. If that happens we will get the pool up for sure. Yesterday at Albertson's we saw some plastic, colorful, battery operated fish that are about a foot long head to tale, and eight inches tall. They actually swim in the pool. That will be my next fun purchase.


Today I'm grateful for Frank and Lexie, warm weather, opportunities, stability, water, pasta, our backyard, and conversations with Lex.

No comments: