Monday, May 23, 2005

What have you done for me lately, oooh oooh yeah yeah.

Emailed my resume to one ad in the want ads last Wednesday. Got a message Friday regarding resume. Spoke with person who left message and now have an interview tomorrow at 2:30pm. Other than that, same old Monday reports and batches.

Word(s) of the day: WEIMARANER

Lexie log: We were late for the Iris walk by 18 minutes. It still worked out great though. I didn't even know these gardens existed. Right when we got there a high school band showed up and played some music. Lexie wasn't all that fond of that, just having woken from a car nap. Then we spent about two hours strolling through the display gardens. I wasn't wearing the right shoes, sandals really, for the mud, but oh well. We took some really great pictures. Actually, I cried Saturday night because of one. Frank took my all time most favorite picture of Lexie standing in front of a pond with waterfall. It was a full length shot of her and she's smiling. We were looking at it and I decided to make a cropped copy close up...I hit save by mistake. Oh, my my my. I really got so upset I cried. I'm still crushed about it. After we viewed all the display beds, visited the gift shop, and walked through the flower show, we ate lunch. They sold hotdogs and homemade sausage. Lexie had a hot dog, carefully removing the bun piece by piece as she ate. Frank and I had sausage sandwiches on hoagies with grilled onion and sauerkraut (no kraut on mine though). It started raining right as we left. -- Sunday we slept in really late, went out for lunch and then went to a teeny tiny park Frank spotted a few days earlier that had a kids swing. After swinging for a while we walked around the path leading around ponds and marshland. Saw a few red winged blackbirds. Two wooden bridges over creeks. Just over half way around, it started pouring rain. It was awesome. The weather has been really great recently. Reminds me of how I would imagine Hawaii weather. Sunny one moment and pouring rain the next. We ran around Albertson's for a while, rented 101 Dalmations II and had a quiet evening.

Today I'm grateful for Frank and Lexie, rain, weekends, parks, Iris gardens, volksport, stuff.

No comments: