Monday, May 09, 2005

There's a hole in my bucket , dear Liza, dear Liza

Now that song's gonna be stuck all day. Children's songs easily wedge themselves into my porous brain. Monday with Humus and Salsa at work. Gina looks like a bottle of Mylanta. If they don't get rid of our manager, someone else is talking of quitting. I keep drafting anonymous suggestions to put in the comment box, but they never make it to paper. Things will play out as they must. I don't have to get my butt in jeopardy by becoming a busy body, but I'll tell you, the person who is rumored to be hunting elsewhere is a great asset to this office. I will have worked here for three years in a little over a month, and completed my next annual self assessment for my review. I'm tired of doing those. Watched Blade Runner this weekend. Haven't seen that for ages, I still love it.

Word(s) of the day: EAR LOBE

Lexie log: Weekend flew by as per... Saturday we went over to Gramma Betty's and Lexie chased the ducks while Frank mowed the front and back yard. We visited with Aunt Patty and neighbor Jay. As usual, his amazingly obnoxious laugh was utterly contagious to Lexie. I start to wonder if he catches on to the fact that she mimics it because it is too outrageous. Mother's Day was great. Picked Gramma Betty up at 9:00 drove out to Yamhill, piled into the RV and off to Lincoln City. Brief stop in Newberg for coffee and scones. I walked to the back of the RV to get Grama Betty a cup to share Grammy's Chai Tea and the RV flounces around making me feel as if I'm a contestant on Fear Factor. Lexie naps on the way to the beach, so all is well. Got to the Chinook a little before noon and had breakfast in the restaurant over looking the ocean. Lexie entertained us all, then Grandpa Dale took her for a walk and play, while the four of us tried to blow 20.00 in the machines. I can't handle it and cash out the second I go over even the slightest of what I put in, ending up with no risk taking, and just a wee bit more than I left with. Betty's first time there and she doesn't get the cash out button. So, she continues to play well after she wants to quit. Then we all went down to the beach where we took turns racing with Lexie back and forth, just narrowly missing the waves. Well, actually I think we all got a little wet. I flew our tiger kite we bought at Just a Buck. We all had a blast. I slept on the floor of the RV on the way home, wrapped up in a quilt, head on a pillow, cruising down the highway horizontal. Always an odd experience for me.

Today I'm grateful for Frank and Lexie, weekends, the Oregon Coast, comforters, RVs, family, noodles, and toes.

No comments: