Friday, October 28, 2005

And I forget, Just what it takes, And yet I guess it makes me smile, I found it hard, It's hard to find, Oh well, whatever, nevermind

Friday, October 28, 2005
Thank God it is Friday!  I have a little B---h, but other than that, today is great.  I’m working my butt off trying to make sure our finances are getting in order, trying to re-finance auto loans, auto transferring to savings and NOT pulling it back out every week back to zero, etc.  I was feeling a little blue about not having any extra this weekend, because I’m refusing to pull out of savings unless it is an absolute emergency, not just swimming or Chipotle’s.  So, I’m on the phone with Frank, all proud of myself for what I’ve got accomplished over break, paying all bills, almost paid off on dental and ER room bill, and I mention that I have six dollars in cash, would like to play golf this weekend, and don’t think we should go to the Saturday Night Splash, and instead of cheering me up, he says, “That’s ok, we don’t have to do anything this weekend.  I can just do yard work, we can go to Gramma Betty’s and it’ll be Monday.”  I was in tears and hung up on him saying, “Thanks for making me feel better! (click)” Gotta love my excessive emotions.  Truthfully, I know that he is just grumpy about it as I am and we tend to have momentary head butts when our emotions sync up.  And of course, he called me back in less than an hour (he has my cool off time down pretty good) and apologized for his grumpiness.  – Today is Halloween potluck day.  Didn’t have to bring lunch and cookies everywhere.  I brought in orange sugar cookies, I’m hoping a couple are left at the end of the day so I can take them home to Frank and Lexie and watch Lexie bounce off the walls.  – My wrist feels fine.  I don’t even have to use the brace today.  I’m keeping it by the bed, because it does help me not to wake up with completely numb asleep.  – I was just having a conversation with Carrie at work about odd cat habits, and I thought every once in a while I’d blog one.  

Keller cat fact:  Tiki has his own separate water cup on the counter next to the microwave.  It’s a white art deco cup with a flamingo on it and the handle broken off.   I think I got it from a shop at Stanford Mall in California in the summer of 1985.  I don’t quite remember how the habit started, but that is his watering hole now.  We even let it get pretty low sometimes and he has to stick his head halfway in the cup.  All our cats get filtered water; Frank gives them a big fresh bowl of fridge-filtered ice water every day.

Word(s) of the day: DOWN is MULTIFARIOUS

The word ‘down’ just has too many darned meanings.  

Lexie log:  We fell asleep on the couch last night watching Baby Genius Mozart and Friends Sleepytime.  I highly recommend these videos.  Baby Genius seems to have some great products.  I had semi-forgotten about this series and I guess even filed in the back of my brain as being strictly for babies.  I’m going to pull them all back out and watch them with her again.  I think she’ll like them even more now because she can get some of the numbers and alphabet and colors and shapes and, and …Well you get my meaning.  I started to watch it with her earlier, but Daddy and I were going to watch Man on Fire so I got up from the couch.  She had a fit.  She did not want me to leave.  I had the hugest (not a word, right?) Momma guilt trip ever.  I felt like a bad Mommy for wanting to watch my movie and like I was ditching her…So instead she took a bath.  We use the baby monitor, so I got to watch a little of the movie.  Then we fell asleep, watching her movie.  I woke up around 2:00am with us both on the couch, her head in my lap, and carried us to bed.  – We are hoping to go to Jan’s pool to swimming tomorrow.

Today I’m grateful for Frank and Lexie, red and yellow foods, Gramma Betty’s borsht, potlucks, swimming, cats, and weekends.

No comments: