Thursday, October 27, 2005

When a problem comes along, You must whip it, Before the cream sits out too long, You must whip it...

Thursday, October 27, 2005
I saw Dr. Simon on the way out the door yesterday, and she says the nerve conduction study showed that I don’t have carpal tunnel syndrome, that’s cool.  My wrist does feel better today, so I’m going brace free.  – DUB, that’s what I’m going through right now, perhaps.  I am having the same thing I had two weeks ago, and I shouldn’t have it again for another two weeks!  Very emotional and frustrating.  This has been happening for a year now, but I don’t want to see Doc about it because the only solution I am aware of is BC pills and we all know that a Lexie sibling is the goal.  So, Rachel’s attitude disclaimer:  “Sorry for any future ill-tempered, cranky, cantankerousness. Please just know that I love everyone and everything, and please don’t let my attitude get in your way.”  Just kidding, sort of.  – I’m a little nervous for future cat owner and friend Michelle.  She is getting a 2 ½ year old adoptee cat to be companion to her dog.  That’s what’s been on my mind this morning.  She’s on her way now to the dentist and then to pick up her new family member and Tracy and I are consulting regarding the difficulties and hazards of introducing a cat, rather than kitten, into a home with a dog and this will be Michelle’s first cat.  Kudos to Michelle for giving a cat a needed home, and prayers to her for taking this on.  – As for us, we are keeping our eyes out for affordable eight-week-old German Shepards.  That is our latest desire.

Word(s) of the day:  

Lexie log:  We went on a walk around our block last night.  This is a great time of year for walks, she gets to kick up all the fallen leaves.  She loved that.  Then we found a discarded birds nest and some kids artwork on lined notebook paper that they must have dropped. Something to add to my coffee book, “Lost and Found, a picture book of your misplaced items.”  The only downside to the walk was when Lexie tried to climb a retaining wall that she always climbs, and someone down the street whistled and yelled for her to, “Stay out of those rocks!”  It spoiled it, just by his mean attitude.  I actually mentioned that we were sorry, she just wanted to climb he wall, he said he didn’t want her to get hurt, and I mentioned that he might try a kinder manner when looking out for the welfare of others.  Anyway, the walk was still fun.  – Lexie has a new fondness for some common routine procedures like brushing her teeth, washing her hands, opening and closing the front door, and getting in and out of her car seat without help.  It’s great to watch.  When we get home, she opens the front door, holds it open for us, then closes it.  If you try to help her she commands, “No, this is my door!”  Yesterday afternoon on the way out, she wasn’t paying enough attention to where her fingers were and she got one pinched in the door.  It took some skin off, but she was proud to sport her new glow in the dark Sponge Bob band-aid.

Today I’m grateful for Frank and Lexie, nature, stuffed animals, coffee, water, and life.

No comments: