Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Major domo plasticomo Barbarella, Pro-genetic you Electric Barbarella

Wednesday, October 26, 2005
I wish I had bought stock in Neurometrix a couple years ago.  I just had my nerve conduction study done and the technician said it’s gone from eight dollars to 36 a share.  So, recap on the nerve conduction study; my blog will be short today as I am in some deal of pain.  Had a visit with Dr. Simon yesterday shortly after break, because my right hand, wrist, and shoulder hurt bad enough to keep me from typing.  I told Dr. Simon that I may have aggravated something bowling, but based on history with pregnancy wrist pain etc. she had me do nerve conduction studies on both wrists today.  Truly electrifying experience, and not very comfortable.  NC-stat Biosensors.  It shot my 600mg Ibuprophen I took at 8:00am all to heck and I’m back in pain again.  I’m in a wrist brace and an elbow brace for what Simon called golfers elbow.  She had me do more blood work yesterday before sending me home early, to check for any underlying thyroid or diabetes or whatever issues.  It took three phlebotomists to get anything out of me.  They love me down there.  So, enough typing for today.

Word(s) of the day:  BLEAT

Lexie log:  She was pretty thrilled to have Mommy come home early yesterday.  She was immediately fascinated with the brace and wanted me to take it off so she could wear it.  I remembered where the one I wore while I was pregnant with her (over the counter, not nearly so ‘fancy’), and put it on her.  It’s like a fingerless glove with a flexible bandage/Velcro brace over the wrist.  She just thought it was so neat to be stylin’ with Momma.  She also wouldn’t let Daddy make her a sandwich; she wanted Momma to do it.  Daddy was offering to make us all sandwiches, but she told him to, “…sit right and wait right there!” as we went into the kitchen.  I guess she could tell I came home early and wanted me all to her self.  What an honor.

Today I’m grateful for Frank and Lexie, medical advancement, thorough doctors, happiness, relaxation, friends, getting caught up, and love.

No comments: