Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Guitar packed in the trunk, Somewhere 'round mile marker 112, Papa started humming da funk...

Friday 10-7-05
Grumpus day.  Argued about weekend plans, and lack of transportation and I’m just not quite in the mood to be bubbly and chirpy.  Two good things going for today;  It’s Friday so weekend with Lexie and Frank, and…It’s not yesterday!  After I blogged yesterday, everything went chaotic on my arse.  The printer maintenance dude showed up, cleaned and jostled and basically, 30 minutes after he left, it fouled up again.  I’ve been going back to the printer every half hour or so since to literally beat the thing into submission just to pump out this 2600 page Master Patient List report for Medical Records.  I force the printer head back and forth along the cables until it finds a ‘loose’ spot and will print for a little longer.  When I got in this morning there was a message from the maintenance dude that he came back around six, messed with it some more, got it to work very temporarily, and has ordered parts.  Parts should show up today and someone will be back to do the replacement on Monday.  Speaking of…I’ve got to go beat it up right now, I can’t hear the sweet music of dot matrix…I think today is a coffee day.  I want my Starbucks card reloaded! (Previous sentence should be read with a nasally ‘twang’ and that special whiny inflection).  

– Oh my!  I just had an epiphany!  I think my biological father is a Scientologist!  Ok, so this is totally out of context with the previous topics, but here at work we have been discussing Cruise and Holmes, the announcement of their pregnancy, the topic of Scientology and Ron L Hubbard.  It makes perfect sense to me based on memories and personality similarities that Lloyd is a Scientologist.  Hmm.  Guess I may never know.  

Word(s) of the day:  BURKE

Lexie log:  I just love her.  I hope we get to go to the pumpkin patch this weekend.  I just think she’d love it and the weather is supposed to be decent.  I went many years ago with Tracy when Sierra was just a tot and it was awesome.  You get to ride a boat and a train and there were fake pirates in the lake.  I’m having a big sigh, majorly difficult to stay at work today.  It’s taking every fiber of my being not to just run home and just hug her and make her laugh and just enjoy her.

Today I’m grateful for Frank and Lexie, weekends, couches, blankets, baby dolls, stuffed animals, love, gratitude and happiness.

No comments: