Tuesday, October 18, 2005

She's a maniac, maniac, and it shows...

Tuesday, October 18, 2005
Rassa frassits. Busyness business. It is so awesome to have Jan back.  She is such a kind soul, and she was missed.  – Thursday is the premier of the new Zorro movie at some theatre downtown and my work gave out passes.  The movie starts at seven, and we need to drop Lexie off at her Gramma Betty’s and get there early because they don’t guarantee seating.  Cool, free movie premier.  Last year we went to Daddy Daycare at Lloyd cinemas with the same type deal.  – Saturday is our one and only free pass to the family swim from 6:00 – 8:00pm at Lexie’s swim school and we will try that out.  – Sunday, after swim lesson, is bowling, still not sure what time though.  Really looking forward to that, I haven’t bowled in ages and I never bowled much.  In fact the only bowling I remember I wasn’t much older than Lexie.  – Tomorrow is the date to mail in the Portland to Coast packet.  I have all but one team member confirmed and paid.  Marinka will get back to me by lunch, and if she can’t, I guess it will be Karina’s son.  – Never had any luck finding a public pool that’s affordable for us to take Lexie twice a week.  Our house is in some strange zoning black hole that doesn’t exist in any park district.  If we lived in ANY district, we would have dozens of pools in all directions that we could take her too for five bucks.  As it is, we have dozens of pools around us that cost as much as going to a movie to swim for an hour or two.  Our only hope now is to find someone who live is an apartment with an indoor pool who will let us drop in a couple times a week.  – Update on the future dog search:  I keep vacillating between dog breeds; sometimes I want a Shepard (German, or Australian), sometimes a Border collie, and sometimes a Pomeranian.  I spend a few minutes each week perusing the Oregon Humane Society website looking for puppies.  I found Sadie a 3-month-old Border collie today.  I sure hope that it’s this easy when we actually have our tax refund available.  Even though I’m sure that Lexie will absolutely love to have a dog, this is just as much a dream of mine and my birthday/Christmas present to myself.  I have spent a huge amount of time researching breed personalities and what will be the best fit.  These three dogs would be great, but we can only get a puppy so that it is raised with Lexie and the cats.  My biggest dilemma is how the cats will handle it, mostly Tiki.  Well, I had the same thoughts when I was pregnant with Lexie and that worked out just fine.

Word(s) of the day:  OREXIS     

Lexie log:  Daddy took Lexie for a bike ride for about an hour yesterday afternoon and then Grammy came over and played.  She has two new sets of plastic animals.  She had dogs, cats, jungle, and sea creatures, and yesterday Grammy brought her mice and insects.  She is particularly fond of an oddly realistic oversized green fly/cicada thingy.  Nice translucent wings, fits well in the palm of your hand, really hope it isn’t life size. Also came with a freaky looking scorpion and some other creepy crawlers.  I should borrow them for a day to bring to work.  We all wandered around Fred Meyers where Grammy treated us to some grocery shopping (I love you Mom) and Lexie kept picking different balloons to ride around the cart with.  She started with a huge clown fish, and then when she was bored with that, she went on to a giant frog with weird eyes.  Grammy was already beat from working so much overtime that it was amazing to watch her take a beating from the helium filled creatures as we moved about the store. Finally at the check out counter she traded out for a seasonal, spider balloon that we played with the whole evening. – Lexie was so pooped by the time Grammy left that she fell asleep eating dinner.  I put her down in bed and she was up just in time for bedtime…goofy child.  When she did wake up she got her second bath of the day, water baby that she is.  She has this odd little ritual after a bath, when she is drying off.  When I go to dry her hair, she gives me a big hug and dries her face in my hair.  I wonder how many times I’ve been a tissue?  – I just saw in our email that the next three movies we’re getting in the mail are two discs of season one Sponge Bob episodes and…Whoopee…Robots!  -- This weekend we are going to try to carve the pumpkins.

Today I’m grateful for Frank and Lexie, Grammy, weekends, swimming, holding a sleeping child with that perfect mother-daughter fit, Grammy visits, pickled garlic, water, and mail movies.’s

No comments: