Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Well...the midnight headlight, Find you on a rainy night, Steep grade up ahead, Slow me down makin no time, I gotta keep rollin'...

Those windshield wipers, Slappin' out a tempo, Keepin' perfect rhythm, With the song on the radio, Gotta keep rollin'…

We have a team!  Now I just need all the entry fees and a name.  I sent out an email to vote on names with the following options:  Wandering Nomads, Wayward Wanderers, Walk and Roll, and Off Your Walker.  So far, Off Your Walker is in the lead.  – Last night we made popcorn the old fashioned way…In a pan with oil, lid, and heat.  It was a blast and it tasted better!  Open faced egg salad and cheese sandwiches for dinner at 4:30 and homemade popcorn for a late night snack at ten.  

Word(s) of the day:  ARBORETUM

Lexie log:  Daddy rented her Cinderella last night and she watched as she built her lego castle.  – She loves olives, just to suck on though.  Daddy gave her a green olive last night and she must have sucked on that thing for about an hour before he finally convinced her to bite into it.  He had given her one the night before also, and after hours, she finally gave it back to him whole.  Last night, after she bit into it and chewed it up, she decided she didn’t want to actually swallow it.  She held it in her mouth for the longest time, and then eventually gave it back to Daddy.  I don’t like olives, well maybe sliced and black in my spaghetti, but never green and pickled in a jar.  Blech!  I think her Gramma Betty likes to suck on them like candy too.  

Today I’m grateful for Frank and Lexie, dreams, pillows, German Shepards, humor, spiders, boats, winking kittens, and deep breath meditation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Young professionals can make a difference
Last week, more than 400 young professionals gathered for Bold Fusion 2005, the second annual young professionals summit produced by YPCincy.com, the regional network of young professional organizations.
Hey, cool blog! I came across you while blog-surfing around (something I like to do when I'm board :-). If you are interested, go see my strange auctions site. It's just a fun site but you may find something to entertain you.