Tuesday, October 11, 2005

You want to feel electric, You want to feel loose, You want to be eclectic, You want to call a truce...

Tuesday, October 11, 2005
I’ve decided to start adding the day/date to the beginning of each blog entry.  To my great chagrin, both Friday and yesterday blog entries vanished sometime between yesterday early afternoon and evening.  Thankfully, since this is not the first time this has happened, I had saved copies that I republished this morning.  I was quite upset about the loss last night.  Frank was an angel and kept comforting me saying that I save everything and not to worry.  I love him.  It is such a blessing to have people that really care about you.  Good to hear that Michelle and Mike had a good first camp trip with their new trailer.  Can’t wait to see it.  I know we’ll be jealous, but at least we have unlimited borrowing rights to Mom and Dad’s RV.  One day, we will have our own.  – Today at work is going much smoother so far.  I’m still really busy; this time of year always is for me.  Scantronic came out yesterday and replaced parts on the malfunctioning dot matrix, and it seems to be working just fine.  I finished reviewing the eight charts (and two fee tickets) that prove that my report is working just fine; Nurse tried to say that eight kids she was sure got flu shots didn’t show up on my report and my research and review of the kids charts show that she is incorrect.  The three kids that actually did get the flu vaccine were not billed and that is their mistake, not my report.  Now I can get back to my payment posting.  – Mom sent pictures last night.  I love so many of them that I have to space them out to post.  – I really should get on the ball and do backup CDs of pictures and blog html files.  It would break my heart if I were to lose any of it.

– OK, as usual, the 10:00 hour here at work seems to be some strange bewitching hour.  If things are going to turn sour for a while, it’s pretty much going to happen then.  Administrator tell two people something late Friday and expects them to be in charge of informing the whole business office…And he doesn’t tell them that.  When I mention to him that not everyone knew, he came back at me sharply that it was not his job to disseminate the information and that we are all adults.  Kept my ever rapidly tightening lips shut as he huffed off.  I almost made matters worse with my fury at him berating me in front of Debbie and Scott, I stormed over and tried to let the gals know that he was being a butt and expecting that they would have known it was there job to inform.  My irritation at him came across as irritation at them for not telling which sparked a backhanded comment from LB about how if everyone worked from 8-5 that it would be an issue.  I came right back at her and told her that people that were here those hours, Scott, didn’t hear anything about it and then continued to grumble on.  I typed and apology to LB and gals at my harshness coming across to them and explained that I was given these hours for duties that were computer related, not business office.  After a brief crescendo in femalian enmity, we got the communication barriers trounced and we’re one great big happy family again.  We could get back to productivity; the true culprit, miscommunication, being identified and Jeff being recognized as the carrier.

Word(s) of the day:  VEXATION

Lexie log: Pretty quiet day yesterday at home.  She just fell asleep as I was on my way home, and didn’t wake up until well after 6:00.  After her dinner, fettuccini and Trader Joes sweet corn, yogurt and a cookie for dessert, she watched Scooby Doo for the umpteenth time, then started pulling down VHS tapes from the collection in her room.  First she picked a “Little People” short movie, then Fantasia.  At some point I snuck outside and watched her watch the whole piece with the ballet hippo and crocodile.  It was so fun to watch her watch.  – She has a fascination with ghosts lately.  It even started before the Halloween season, but the timing is perfect.

Is snuck really a word?

Today I’m grateful for Frank and Lexie, doses of humor, friends, family, the eventual end of flu shot season (getting the flu would be less of a hassle than my job during flu shot season), happiness, senses, water, and did I mention happiness.

No comments: