Thursday, October 20, 2005

I know a man was outta touch, And he'd hide in a house and he didn't say much. Deedle-ee deet deet deet deet deet deet deet dee doo.

Thursday, October 20, 2005
Ok, so the light at 185th and Heritage is still funky.  I timed it today, and it stays green exactly five seconds.  I just notified the City of Beaverton via their website, which actually has a spot to submit problems with streetlights as well as many other things.  Man, the Internet and Web sure are making things easier…for the most part anyway.  – Having more issues at work with people not wanting to follow a situation through to completion.  After the second one this morning, I actually told Scott how to re-handle the situation so that he didn’t need to involve another auditor.  He knows the situation, handle it through, darn it!  I do believe that he is made of rubber and nothing will stick.  Other than that, my day is going smooth.  Working hard on getting caught up now that there seems to be a lull in report writer and IT support.  – Looking forward to the movie tonight. – Les, the neighborhood mailman since 1979 will be retiring November 3rd.  He left a letter in everyone’s mailbox.  He is cool.  I hope he enjoys his retirement.  His letter mentions that he has worked this route long enough to see children grow up, get married, and have children of their own.  I lived in this house from the sixth grade until I moved out at 18.  Then in 2002, Mom and Dad moved out to the thicket and Frank and I (a very pregnant I) moved back to this house.  So he truly has seen me grow up, get married and have children.  His letter specifies that he doesn’t want gifts, he’s fine, he says.  He suggests donating to a charity, specifically habitat for humanity, or just filling the gas tank up with gas.

Sad story:  There was this lady named Lola, she was a showgirl. She was trying to dance her way to stardom doing the meringue and the cha-cha at the club where her boyfriend Tony tended bar.  One night this big-shot guy named Rico comes into the bar and after Lola’s set, he called her over to his table and gets fresh with her.  This sets Tony off and they get into a big’ole bar fight, breaking chairs and all.  Then, Rico pulls out a gun and shoots Tony dead.  Thirty years later, Lola still sits in the same club, now a disco, wearing her old showgirl dress and faded feathers in her hair, drinking her self blind.  She lost her youth and she lost her Tony, now she’s lost her mind.


Word(s) of the day: SHMOO

Interesting

Lexie log:  Lexie will be spending a couple hours with Gramma Betty and Pete and Yancy tonight since we are going to the movie premier.  – She watched most of the movie “Robots” last night, but towards the end, she asked me if we could watch Sponge Bob instead.  A real Sponge Bob fanatic.  She loves Patrick and Gary the best.  – I just got off the phone with Daddy.  They got up around 8:00 and she asked for milk.  They went into the kitchen, and as Daddy was pouring her some milk she said, “I’m goin’ back to bed” and walked off.  Daddy walked back into the bedroom and she was all tucked under the covers on my side of the bed waiting for her milk.  When he told me the story I wanted to go home and snuggle.  – I’m pretty much letting her pick out her own clothes now.  She is doing really well, unless she is cranky.  Then, she just says ‘no’ to everything I offer until I have to tell her we’re canceling whatever plans and walk away.  Eventually she lets me decide in these situations.

Today I’m grateful for Frank and Lexie, backbones, skin, Keebler elves, children’s books, Les the mailman, and happy fun.

No comments: