Friday, October 14, 2005

Thou givest fever, when we kisseth, fever with thy flaming youth, Fever-I'm afire, fever yea I burn forsooth.

Friday, October 14, 2005
Well, it happened again.  My blog disappeared last night, so when I went to post pictures of Lexie, the first one posted and no Thursday blog entry.  So I just republished it as new and it makes it look like it was today’s blog.  I’m not sure if I voiced my theory yet, but here it is…I think that when I make the title too long (for BLOG, not me) it posts it temporarily, then somehow it rejects.  Must remember, smaller title.  – Well, it’s Friday, payday, and sunny outside.  – No matter, but once again I slept through the blasted alarm.  I’m going to try to be conservative with my purchases, but I do believe an oversized for the legally blind digital alarm clock is in order this weekend.  I finally give up.  Phone alarms (that I used to be such an advocate of) just don’t cut it.  The batteries die, ringers get turned down or the phone is just buried in the couch.  Now, I never thought this would be a problem since we have THREE handsets, but somehow it still is.  One needed charging, the other is at the other end of the house, and the thirds’ ring is this pleasant little muted noise that could wake anything.  Frank used to have problems with digitals in the bedroom, but I’ll just hide it on the floor over on my side of the bed or something.  He even said this morning that he’d rather have the glowing digital red numbers haunting him throughout the night (he doesn’t sleep very well), than missing swimming or being late for work.  – Update on uncle Steve; I got email from Chris and Dad saying he is doing well after removal of small clot and had two stents placed in the artery.  Emergency protocol in Paris sounds amazing from the familial reports I have heard so far.  Steve will most likely be hanging around the hospital for a while; Sally is out there with him.  All our love and prayers to Steve, Sally, Scott, and David.  – I can tell I’m hearing the internal maternal gears kicking in again.  I hate the smell of baby barf, that milk/formula smells horrible the second time around.  I went down to clock out for lunch yesterday and that smell wafted across my path.  After my initial revulsion, a tiny smile of nostalgia crossed my lips.  Then today I walked through the pediatric waiting room to talk to Dr. C’s nurse and on the way back was taken aback by a two-year-old girl in purple.  Watching her play with her mommy made me get that squishy feeling in my chest. I’m hoping that around the time the 2006 PTCW relay comes next August that I’ll be almost pregnant.  Does that make any sense?

Word(s) of the day: DYNAMIC VERVE

Lexie log: She was a fairy last night.  I wanted to see if she would ‘tolerate’ and also if she would now fit in the fairy costume we got her last year.  It seemed two sizes too big last year, and that must have been about accurate because it still looks one size too big.  It also seems a little on the ‘cool’ side if we are truly going to attempt an outdoor trick or treat venture.  If we can’t swing something a little more her size in a more climate appropriate style, we may have to go back to the mall.  I really want an outdoor Halloween this year.  I think she would love it so much more.  She has a thing for doors and knocking and greetings, it would be a blast for her.  Anyway, back on the fairy outfit…not only did she tolerate it; she loved it so much it was hard to get her out of it. She loved her wings, and she flitted about the house with her wand.   With each wave her butterfly wand she would pronounce, “Thank-you!” her magic words.  It was adorable.

Today I’m grateful for Frank and Lexie, sun, weekends, fun, rain, boots, fog, high thread count sheets, and dreams.

No comments: