Tuesday, October 11, 2005

She walks into a room, And you know from her, Maddening pose, effortless whirl, She's the special girl

Well, running reports on both PRISM sessions in the foreground, and about to jump into Saturday’s humungous mail, so I thought I’d blog early.  – Strange (well not strange really, just unknown) person in the pool this morning.  She was doing odd water aerobic type exercises in the center lane.  I tried to ignore her and was mostly successful, but at one point I caught site of her legs in my peripheral on a down stroke and it startled the crap out of me.  So, my head went flying up out of the water and towards her.  It must have looked pretty retarded, but I wouldn’t even begin to know the expression on her face since I, of course, was wearing goggles and couldn’t see crudola without my glasses on.  I forgot to check the timer on the Jacuzzi, and had to get out halfway through to reset it.  As soon as I walked into the pool area, I was pleased to smell the sweet fragrance of Eucalyptus and thought to my self that they finally fixed up the steam room, but there was a sign on the door saying it was in maintenance still.  No bother, I sure do appreciate that they’re maintaining it!  So, two ten minute sessions in the sauna instead.  I sat across from the door and watched Rudy do laps and then a cute older Asian couple shared lane one and did strange laps using kickboards and long floaty tubes.  The woman bent hers (floaty tube, for lack of any formal name to call it – that I know of) into the shape of a U and bounced, jumped, whatever, back and forth down the length of the pool.  Jump, Kick, Jump, Kick. Well, off to do the mail…Blog more later. Had such a super awesome weekend!  

– OK, back around lunchtime now.  Morning went smoothly, then a couple speed bumps made it crap.  Brief update.  Work is a pain in the arse.  Not the actual job duties, just the personality conflicts and political bullshit.  I am peeved right now.  There is someone who works here who is being mistreated, and there is nothing I can do to help.  Then on top of that, someone made a comment to me about members of our walking team that I found completely inappropriate and I’m having a difficult time coming to terms with it.  It complicated, and I should be keeping it simple.  Somebody said that there were other people on the team that were ‘flakes’ and I’m upset about this.  I need some cool off time.  Mommy, I wanna go home!

Word(s) of the day:  PUMPKIN PATCH

Lexie log:  We had the best weekend!  Saturday we went to Gramma Betty’s and went to Jantzen Beach Mall.  Lexie rode the carousel eight times.  First with Gramma Betty, then alternating between Daddy and I.  Different horse each time.  She just loved it, threw a fit when we had to leave.  Then Sunday, Grammy, Tracy, Lucas, Sierra, and Dana all came to watch Lexie’s third swim lesson.  Grammy sat on pool deck and Lexie loved that she was there.  After swim we went to Lakeview Farm Pumpkin Patch.  Oh what a blast!  Lexie squeezed in a five-minute nap between swim and Pumpkin.   First we went to the animals and she saw Harley the Hog, four rabbits, a chicken and two goats.  Next we ate Kettle corn (she’s never had before) as we waited for the paddleboat.  Took the paddleboat across the lake, past the scary shark and sea monsters that jump at the boat (hydraulics) and scare the kiddies.  Oh what a blast.  She had words and words to say to that shark.  Then we wandered through the patch in search of the perfect pumpkin.  At some point Lucas came over and grabbed Lexie’s hand and took her off to go look for one.  It was the cutest thing I’ve ever seen.  She just adores him so much.  After finding the pumpkins they went through a hay-bale maze and rode the ponies. Then the train trip back to the farm, hotdogs and some goofing off.  Lexie and Daddy played with a large inflatable ball for a while.  Tracy and I got our picture taken.  Lexie yelled for Lucas anytime he went out of her sight.  Heaven would be to have days like that every day.  She finally fell asleep after eating half her dinner and watching Casper.  I can’t wait to see the pictures for yesterday.  We need more play-dates with Lucas.  They have too much fun together, and what a bonus for me, his mother is one of my best friends!  Last night when I was on the phone with Tracy, Lucas got on the line and said that he had a surprise, but we had to come get it, then he came back on the line and said it was for Lexie.  That carried me through the rest of the night! I can still hear his sweet little voice this morning.  I’ll post pictures soon!

Today I’m grateful for Frank and Lexie, Grammy, Tracy and family, Lakeside Pumpkin Patch, water wings, swimming, Children of the Sea, Jacuzzi, weekends, happiness, and joy.

No comments: