Wednesday, October 19, 2005

I'm wearin' fur pajamas, I ride a Hot Potato, It's tickling my fancies, Speak up, now I can't hear you, Here on this mountain top

Wednesday, October 19, 2005
For two days now the stoplight at the intersection of 185th and Heritage Pkwy has been acting up.  The northbound light stays green for approximately three seconds, only letting one or two cars through, then turns yellow and the left turn light southbound goes to green with no vehicle actually there to turn.  Strange.  I wonder if I should call the city.  But which city, I don’t know.  185th is the border of Hillsboro and Beaverton.  Oddly enough, when I went to research this, I don’t live in either city.  We live right on the outskirts of both.  I guess I never made it to the city…  I’m going to wait one more day, and if the light is still doing it tomorrow morning, I’ll call Beaverton.  – Sadie the puppy is already taken.  No sooner did I get home and try to show Frank her picture, and she was off the list already.  I hope she gets an awesome home.  In fact, when we looked at the recently adopted page, many of the cats that Michelle and I had both liked were also there, like Saturday.  The Humane Society is definitely the way to go when you want an animal.  – OK, funny how one single moment can turn a few minutes of a day sour.  I’m doing my best not to let Karma run over my amygdala.  I made a joke, it came out with a sting of truth and now I feel like playing who can be the biggest kindergartener.  At least Carrie is in a better mood than me and ended the battle of my witless ego.  – Mailing in the PTCW packet today.  – Lana’s plant now has four vines climbing down my cube wall.  I’m having a really good time training them to run all around my desk area.  Carrie decided to get two of the vines to wrap or twist as they grow.  One of them actually grew through one of the eyelets of the woven metal frame on my hanging mirror.  – Last fall I entered the annual office baseball World Series pool and one $125 dollars.  It’s that time of year again, so the Keller’s have a few squares.   – There is some construction going on up the street here and from here the jackhammer they are using sounds like a helicopter (Lexie calls them ‘copters’).  It keeps making me think there must be some news crew covering a story or traffic accident.  – I get to be a Pacific hurricane in 2008.

Word(s) of the day: BACK OFF, WHIPPERSNAPPER

Lexie log:  I’d rather be playing with her today.  – She tried on her ‘gown’ from her cousin Marissa last night.  It is a gorgeous dress.  She would have worn it all night if I had let her.  Unfortunately, this is a very formal dress in excellent condition and I didn’t know she would become so attached to it.  I’ll try to get her a play dress up gown from the good will or somewhere.  This one is baby blue satin, with royal blue flowers where the bodice meets the skirt, and layers of netting trimmed with ribbon over the skirt. Well, I’m not sure if it happened when she was pirouetting around the house, or when we struggled while I wrestled her out of it, or even if it was there to begin with and I didn’t notice it, but somehow there is now a small rip in the top layer of netting.  I sure do hope I can find some way to repair it without it looking to funny.  – Did I mention that Lexie is determined to be a stunt double in action movies?  She just loves to fly from the fireplace hearth to the beanbag.  She poises herself on the edge of the hearth (which is about half a foot higher than the living room floor), checks to make sure the beanbag is exactly in the correct position (it slides across the floor from the previous jumps, and she has to reposition it), bends her knees and makes these whirling motions with her arms like she is about to fall from the top of a skyscraper, launches her self into the air spread eagle, and after being airborne long enough for my stomach and heart to do their own acrobatics she comes to a crash landing in the beanbag.  And, she is always telling her Daddy that she wants to be a movie star.  She is so awesome!

Today I’m grateful for Frank and Lexie, not drowning in the shallow end of my attitude, music, headlights, funny last names, funny co-workers, children’s’ vocabulary and word alterations, and WünderBars.    

No comments: