Tuesday, October 04, 2005

What you find, ah What you feel now, What you know - To be real

Yesterday Frank cleaned up the house (floors, etc), then Mom and Dad came over.  Dad and Frank took a truckload of crap to the dump.  Mom stayed at the house with Lexie and played.  I worked.  I got all my batches done, and all my other stuff.  Now all I have to do is my inbox, and work my A/R.  Yesterday I had a tremendous chip on my shoulder all day about the Caste System here.  Doctors rule supreme, we are subservient crap.  I have actually heard of other clinics where doctors don’t treat ‘regular people’ like they are subhuman, or maybe the doctors are superhuman, I can’t remember.  Study the same damn subject for enough years and I guess it makes you omnipotent.  Maybe one of these days I’ll learn enough about anatomy and disease systems to be classified as intelligent life…NOT!  All this over a coffee cart?  My attitude is coming back into alignment with the stars and/or a higher energy level today…So far I am in a much more pleasant mood today than yesterday.  Only glitch is I’m tired.  I’m usually tired when I don’t go to the gym, even though I get two hours more sleep.  

Word(s) of the day:  SMIRK

Lexie log:  She was so precious last night.  Grammy came over for her Monday visit and they played.  Then when I got home from work, we played a little more, then went to Fred Meyers.  Lexie was asleep by the time we got there, so we put her in an infant-seat-shopping cart, even though she is twelve pounds over the recommended weight limit.  She was zonked as we shopped for groceries.  She lay there sweet as an angel with her favorite new companion, a baby doll that her Aunt Karen gave her.  Everyone who saw her couldn’t resist smiling and even one store employee stood and stared at her and remarked on how adorable she was.  – Grammy got Lexie a new bicycle helmet, some swim goggles, and a Dr. Seuss book.  She wouldn’t let go of the book darn nearly all evening.  I know I read it to her once, and I’m sure Grammy did at least that, but then she even just sat in her pajamas on the kitchen floor looking at the pictures and turning the pages.  – The goggles were a hit.  She wore them around the house for a while, stopping in front of the mirror to gaze at herself.  Then she wanted a bath.  Once in the tub she wanted her goggles on, and then after that, she even wanted her swimsuit. We accommodated her and she used it as an extension of her swim lesson.  She put her face in the water and blew bubbles and kicked her feet.  When she was done with her ‘practice’ she wanted her goggles and suit off, and it was regular bath time.  – The other cute thing she did last night was playing with her castle Lego blocks.  We were in her room and she asked for them out of her closet.  I took them out for her and left the room for about 5-10 minutes.  Then she came out and exclaimed, “Momma, come on, I’ll show you!”  She took me by the hand and led me into her room where she had assemble the blocks into an impressive arrangement.  I got the camera and took a couple pictures.  I played with her for a while longer, maybe 20 minutes, but there is only so much Lego play I can engage in, especially when she kept stealing my blocks out from under me.  So I left and Daddy and I came back every so often to see what new structures she created.  Then, when she was finished, she came out and said she was done and had put it away.  I thought she meant she wanted me to put it away, but when I went back in her room, she had put all the blocks back in the tub, put the lid on, and put it back in the closet, she just wanted me to close the closet door for her.  She is such a tremendous joy to me!  

Today I’m grateful for Frank and Lexie, Mom and Dad, Nemo, movies, Legos, blue things, water, and smiles.

No comments: