Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Ooo wee ooo, I look just like Buddy Holly, Oh oh, and you're Mary Tyler Moore. I don't care what they say about us anyway. I don't care about that.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005
I’ve been working on the railroad, all the livelong day…Progress is slow on the working front.  – I do have all my utility bills set up for equal pay now, we have the deal with the debit card where it takes the change from a debit purchase and transfers it to savings and for the first three months they match 100%.  We finally have been able to get from one paycheck to the next without emptying out savings, and should be able to start adding to it monthly.  That is a relief.  We are budgeting and spending so much better and will hopefully be establishing some good credit within a year.  Our car payment rate is down to 4.33%, and we can’t find a lender who will go lower than that.  The hospital bill from last December will be paid off by the end of November.  Two primary goals; first to be less dependent on help for groceries, gas and car payments, and the other goal is to be eligible for a decent mortgage rate within two years.  – This day is flying by.  


Word(s) of the day: GITCHIE GUMEE, LEPIDOPTERA

Lexie log:  Grammy came over and visited yesterday.  She brought some pictures of Lexie as an angel and in her princess dress looking in the mirror for Gramma Betty.  We all ate a chicken fettuccini with squash dinner, and Lexie had no problem eating right along with us.  It seems her taste buds are getting to where she isn’t so picky and will actually eat what we eat rather than starve herself.  She has pretty much replaced her fixation with bananas to one with cheese.  I’m not sure how I feel about this.  We are trying to substitute a banana back in for every other request for cheese.  – After dinner, she crawled up on the couch next to Grammy and said, “I love you Grammy”.  – It is so strange to sit here and think of how much she’s grown.  It really feels like just a short time ago, not three years, that I was standing at this same desk, unable to sit for too long, and keying my payments with her rolling around inside me.

Today I’m grateful for Frank and Lexie, Mom and Dad, sports cream for my sore bowling arm, colors, water, organized chaos, and life.

No comments: