Thursday, September 08, 2005

Clean shirt, new shoes, And I don't know where I am goin' to...

Are we there yet? We're supposed to go camping tomorrow and the chances of rain on Saturday are currently 80%.. No worries mate... I scotch guarded the tent and Mom and Dad are loaning us their brand spankin' new, never been used screen room. Besides, I'm waterproof. As long as I can get into some warm dry clothes in a warm dry tent, I don't care if we get a little damp before bed. Builds character. -- Took the Honda in for oil change yesterday. Took it to the Beaverton Honda and found out we missed the 10K service. Now we must schedule time and money for that. I do love taking it to the dealer though. After the fiascos we had with a couple different Oil Can Henry’s and Jiffy Lubes, the dealer is the only place besides a certified mechanic I will let touch my car. And it really isn't more expensive, specially in the long run and life of the car. Back when we had our Chevy Malibu some dude at Oil Can't Henry's got a gasket caught in the threads when tightening the oil filter. We quickly lost oil, took it back in to the "Henry's" and after inspecting they diagnosed it as normal with time. The flippin car was a 2002! We took into the dealer, and they found the problem, fixed it, and charged us for their time and parts. The 12 year old that worked as a manager at the Henry's lacked any type of public relations skills besides he was an idiot. Ok, I am done with that bitch session, that was over a year ago. On another note... Beaverton Honda has a Starbucks coffee machine in the waiting lobby (along with a beautiful fish tank, a cool children’s play area, fresh fruit, a nice dell computer with a 17inch flat screen monitor hooked up highspeed for customer use while you wait). The coffee machine was neat, it had two clear plastic boxed up top, one with decaf, the other caffeinated fresh coffee beans. You press a button for cafe or decaf, 8oz or 12oz and put your cup on the tray under the spout. Then fresh beans from the plastic container up top drop into the machine and it grinds them. Then filtered water is pumped into the machine, quick heated and the coffee is brewed and dispensed. Next to the machine is a nice selection of vanilla creamer, my favorite. Yes, I do like taking the Honda dealer for maintenance.

Word(s) of the day:  CARTILAGINOUS LIDLIKE APPENDAGE  -  EPIGLOTTIS

Responsible for closing the glottis for food and drink.


Lexie log:   We add Rikki Tikki Tavi to her list of viewed movies.  She likes the mongoose.  --  It is sad to me that she won’t let me, Daddy, or Grammy put barrettes, clips, or hair ties in her hair.  We are trying to grow out her bangs and she won’t let us keep them out of her face.  But she will let her cousin Amy clip it back and her aunt Patty even put a hair curler in.  

Today I’m grateful for Frank and Lexie, Hoops and YoYo, Hygienic SortKwik, Folger’s coffee singles, epiglottis, and odd trivia that makes me smile.    

No comments: