Thursday, September 01, 2005

I've been traveling, but I don't know where, I've been wondering, but I just don't care...

Way to go Rolling Stones. Sing it Mick. -- The whole Fam Damily has been illin'. I stayed home Tuesday to watch over Sickiddo while Super Daddy wrestled with the germs. Now I'm next on the list. Sore throat, runny nose, thick headed, hot eyes, oh well... I thought I'd escape this one, but I'll just have to ride it out. I was actually at work yesterday, I just got caught up in a game of "Spider" and before I knew it, lunch was over and I hadn't blogged. -- Work is going well, lots of stuff to do, I'm so incredibly behind that I'm blogging early so I can spend the rest of the day kicking paper butt. -- The news down in New Orleans is just horrific. Katrina will definitely be taken off the rotation for hurricane names. Living so far away, and not having relative in the vicinity of the disaster caused me to glaze over the news the last couple days without taking much notice. I started paying attention Tuesday when I was home from work, and I just can't even fathom it. Katrina...

Word(s) of the day: BIOFEEDBACK

Lexie log: She loves the sound of her voice with this cold. She whines and moans with a smile on her face, just to listen to her raspy, sore throat voice. Funny child. Wednesday morning I woke up to her crawling up on top of my head. I squirmed out from under her, and she took over my pillow as a matress. Next thing I know, she's sitting up, literally pushing me off the side of the bed. Cranky as all get out since she isn't feeling well. I give, I go out to the living room and start to drift to sleep when she comes trotting out there and tries to climb up on my head again. She is asking me to come back to the very bed she just kicked me out of. It interesting how she wants to become reattached when she isn't feeling well. -- She getting better every day, and of course daytime is always better than night, as with every other illness we've been through. -- She missed Grammy so much. She was delighted to have her back on her Monday visit routine.

Today I'm grateful for Frank and Lexie, living above sea level, weekends, cats, happiness, camping, toe rings, buddy Carrie, coffee and mocha mix.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Hey there!!!! I just wanted to say hello. It seems as if life has been going good for you and yours and I am SO glad for that! So sorry you guys are sick, I hope that it wont last long. Once again I would like to say how upliffting your blog is!!! Have a nice day!