Friday, September 02, 2005

I hear hurricanes ablowing, I know the end is coming soon, I fear rivers over flowing, I hear the voice of rage and ruin...

What an appropriate song for New Orleans, Louisiana and Mississippi. The tragedy still mounts as relief from National Gaurd, FEMA, RedCross, etc. are finding it next to impossible to get help to victims of Katrina. Many people that I have talked about this with are absolutely disgusted with how the current administration (Mr. Bush specifically) are handling this situation. It is appaling how little help seems to be trickling in. It seems like forces should have been put in motion days ago to send supplies and equipment and aid, but all I've heard are what 'will' happen. Carrie was looking up headlines from other countries, and they are really having a hayday with how the 'United States' is handling this catastrophy. Some headlines refer to poetic justice for the war in Iraq, others mention anarchy and point out how uncivilized Americans are. It's really quite sad.

Word(s) of the day: SMIDGEON

Lexie log: My oh my did Lexie make an impression on Barbara. Lexie just got a package in the mail from her and 'fantastic uncle Fred' in the mail yesterday. It is so great... A darling pair of Alaska socks, a book, a perfect card, and the cutest shirt with a picture of Rosie the Riveter, with the famous "We can do it" caption above and "Alaska Girls" below. Lexie was very and instantly fond of both Fred and Barbara. She still asks about them and Hatcher. -- Her cold is getting better, the Sponge Bob film festival at our house has finally ended, due to rental return restrictions.

Today I'm grateful for Frank and Lexie, Barbara and Fred, payday, weekends, Chipotle's, stickers, and yeah.

No comments: