Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Come away with me in the night...

I just love that song.  KINK seems to play it almost every morning just as I’m getting on to Sunset Highway.  It’s a perfect morning drive to work song.

Some things that are fun to discuss at my work:  Funny diagnosis, funny names, funny phone calls, and funny strangers that pass through, sound effects…they’re the very bestest most funnest.  Not so fun things to discuss at my work:  Not balancing on a large payment batch, Incredibly pissed off rude patients, really inept and brainless insurance companies and the representatives who represent them, employees who spend 99.9% of their time either dramatically complaining about anything or describing the many imagined ways that they are useful and a wonderful asset to the business office.  Those of you who read this at my place of business know to whom I am referring.

Some things I forgot to mention about the camping trip, I’m sure, will trickle into the blog as they pop into my head.  One is that I seem to have found a new pastime to fritter away the moments…Pipe cleaner art!  My mom got Lexie a bag of colored pipe cleaners last week, and on a whim I decided to pack them for the trip.  At some point the green and red colored ones called to me and I made a flower for Lexie, then a big black spider (which she enjoyed most), a sun (in celebration of our weather), and a butterfly that most people think is a bumblebee (excluding the highly intelligent co-campers who identified it just fine.) (Oh, and Carrie didn’t even get to see it, so I can’t berate her either.) Another thing, the generosity of Michelle and Mike keeps on giving.  I’m still having awesome leftover homemade chicken noodle soup for lunch (all gone after today), along with countless other goodies.  Thanks guys!

Really odd thing just happened…Val asked me how to spell anxiously, and before I gave her the correct spelling, I jokingly gave her ‘Angkshuslee’, and ever since then, I am misspelling everything I type.  Soup is soop, leftover is leftwoer, and on and on.

Word(s) of the day:  FRICASSEE

Lexie log:  Grammy came over yesterday and pulled out the power touch book.  At first they thought it was broken because they were using a book without the correct reader card.  Once I found this out (after Grammy left of course) I got it set up for Lexie, and boy was I impressed!  She hasn’t played with this toy in about six months, and the difference is amazing.  She knows how to use it now, and the number of things she recognizes blew me away.  I asked her where the number six was and she pointed it out.  Her favorite is the ‘Brown Scary Tree’ in the “I SPY” book.  Right now she only has two working books, so I think we will work on getting her many more.  I looked and they have Sponge Bob (her favorite), Blue’s Clues, and a bunch more she’ll love.  Down side is they cost about $15.00 bucks a shot, which is a little steep.  Maybe we’ll try to get one a month, they sure seem to be good for her.  --  Man!  There was something else I wanted to log about Lexie, and it’s left my brain.  Oh well, lunch is over and I have batches to post.

Today I’m grateful for Frank and Lexie, Grammy, coupons, fun stuff, laughter, not being hungry, fruit, the moment, and angels.

No comments: