Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Well we went down, Down to the pound and that's were we saw Maceo, Cat catcher said to me "Go ahead and pick one out" Maceo said "Let me out".

Ok, so the inner diablogue is much louder in the pool.  I forgot this yesterday as I typed about the commute in.  I haven’t been to my morning laps in over a week, yesterday I was supposed to go back, but for some stupid butt reason, I have the hardest time hearing the 4:00am alarm.  So last night I turned off all other alarms but the 4:00 am and put the darned phone right in the bedroom.  The minutes I got halfway across the pool it was almost as if my brain was yelling instead of mumbling in the background.  Something about pool makes my brain like an echo chamber.  The difference between the pool and the car is that in the pool I go over plans and lists for the Portland to Coast and other healthy activities.  Also, I noticed that the moment I got in the car, I switched on the radio.  – Frank filled the bike tires yesterday afternoon, we picked up the Burley trailer, which fit perfect in the trunk, and I rode a few laps of the court.  Haven’t hooked up the trailer yet, it was already after 6:00pm when we got home.  

Word(s) of the day:  BOGUS CALIBRATION

Lexie log:  Once again, she loved going out to the Chehalem Mountain Ranch.  Grammy came over for her Monday visit.  They (Grammy, Lexie, and Daddy) went to Fred Meyers for some grocery/clothes shopping, and then had lunch.  When I got home, we drove out to pick up the Burley trailer.  I tried calling three or four times before we got there, but no one ever answered.  We went anyway, because last Friday we told them, ‘Monday afternoon’, so we figured they should be expecting us.  When we drove up, Rudy was repairing some shell of a camper top and didn’t move an inch except to wave to us.  We could see the three girls up the road a piece with the dog Cooper, and then Chase, who had been wandering in front, was now standing still as a statue.  We parked, woke Lexie up (she had just fallen asleep) and stood in the drive way.  Chase took off inside and emerged back out with some type of miniature shotgun/rifle.  He moved around slow and quit, scaring the crap out of us.  Lexie started to joyfully make her way down the drive and I called out to her to stop and wait for us.  Daddy called out to Chase and asked if everything was ok, and he said yes as he raised the gun towards a stump in the middle of the yard.  An unexpectedly quiet ‘pop’ discharged from the gun, and the mood lightened.  Apparently there was a gopher that just had his life extended by poor aim.  Later, Rudy explained that they’ve been handed there walking papers and if it was as easy as packing their bags for him, they’d do it.  On this visit, we discovered a pot-bellied pig off in the distance.  After we got the Burley in the trunk, Rudy went over to their fence and pulled off a few bunches of grapes.  He called the pigs over, “Here pig!” and they came running like dogs.  This tickled Lexie (and Mommy and Daddy) and also frightened her a bit.  We spent the next 10 – 15 minutes watching the pigs eat grapes and chatting about the pigs and dogs.  It sure would be nice to live there.  A lot of work, but gratifying work.  I even wish we could take Lexie out for a visit sometimes.  She enjoyed it.  – She never did take a nap yesterday.

Today I’m grateful for Frank and Lexie, fruit, water, Grammy, socks, stuff, dogs, cats, birds, kindness, noodles, flexibility, smiles, happiness, empty Jacuzzi all to myself at 5:00am, and boxes.

No comments: