Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Everybody wants to rule the world.....

So so busy today. We are supposed to close end of month by noon tomorrow, and when I came in today I still had August 29, 30, and 31 to post besides the reversal batch and payment batch. I am a month behind mailing HCFA's. Thank goodness we file most primaries electronic so it's not as bad as it used to be. The two kickers...I do Saturday mail, usually fairly medium sized, not as well as Tuesday. Tuesday is usually tiny, but since Monday was a holiday, Tuesday and Monday become one. Final straw...Seth called in sick today. Print spooler service already went down, that's an easy one, but then one of the nurses pods computer wouldn't connect to the network. It had some error message I have never seen before for some software the office admin says we don't even use. I emailed Seth, and should have just been patient for his reply because his suggestion was right on target. He is familiar with their setup and box and told me to jiggle and position as cleaning crew and/or staff probably adjusted and it is touchy. I was impatient and when office admin showed up explained where I was at (prior to Seth's enlightening response) and he, in his usual style went into overrdrive type A personality and procedded to get my basil metabolic rate functioning faster. Something that with a little info from Seth I could have tinkered and solved turned into a dramatic situation of problem solving and yada yada yada. Ok, I better make this quick as I have a busy day. -- Dad's results from test post cancer treatment came back "perfect". That was the word Mom quoted the Dr. as saying. Yippy! That makes me happy and brings my anxiety level a little present of happy relaxation. -- We did some major yard work this weekend and I hyper extended my weekend knee a half dozen times, so it is just killing me today. Great for getting down on the floor to jiggle wires and switches.

Word(s) of the day: CHILL OUT EVERYONE

Lexie log: Another totally awesome weekend! Saturday Lex and I got up at 7:30 and hung out, played, ate breakfast, etc. I snuck away at some point to paint my tonails, and she hunted me down and was suprisingly interested in what I was doing. I asked her if she wanted me to do her tonails and she pulled up a chair and let me paint. Then she let me do her fingernails. She continues to admire her hand frequently. Later we headed up to Vancouver and visited some park looking for a beach we hadn't been to in years. Well, the beach wasn't there, but we did play in the park for a while and went on a nice walk, met Maggie the dog, and played at the playground. Then we drove on a bit and did find the beach. Well, mostly it's rocks and pebbles, but that's what we were specifically going for since Lexie loves to toss rocks in the water so much. Nice view of the Interstate bridge. We stayed there for about forty five minutes then went to Gramma Betty's where we played with Pete and Yancey and ate awesome tamales we bought from the guy at the Arco station where we got 30 dollars in gas at 2.63 per gallon. The tamale guy only spoke enough english to convey they were six for five dollars and made by the iglesia la luna he attends. They were awesome. Sunday was a stay at home day. Daddy was still partially wiped out and recouperated from the end of his cold while Lexie chased me around as I started on the yardwork project. We spent over eight hours doing hardwork, I mean yardwork on Monday. Lexie did her best to participate. I was really enjoyable. We took "Labor Day" seriously. Daddy found a toy squirt gun the right size for her little hands and I had to defend myself with my own water pistol as we sawed, pruned, raked, transplanted, tied up, cleaned up, and basically did a big chunk of our beautification project. I love our yard so so much, we spend 90% of time that we are at home and not asleep or bathing, in our yard. I want to make it pleasing for us and fun for Lexie. -- Today is Grammy day, she is coming over early to play. Lexie is already looking forward to it. She asked to call Grammy on the phone last night, but then got to shy and clammed up.

Today I'm grateful for Frank and Lexie, Mom and Dad, our yard, motrin, water, plants, and happiness.

No comments: