Monday, September 19, 2005

Never was a cornflake girl, though that was a good solution, Hangin' with the raisin girls...

Meeting Friday was decent.  I really hope we can migrate to CyberQuery.  Made my mouth water in a report writer, data gathering, geeky sort of way.  There was only one part of the meeting I was zoning out on.  The presentation on PowerChart.  It was just too busy, and didn’t seem to directly affect me.  I would be amazed if our docs would agree to use it, and I don’t see it being useful if misused.  There must be an easier, streamlined, idea out there.  My goodness the amount of buttons on the toolbar was frightening for anybody with cyberphobia.  It just seemed like so much more work than what they do now. --  I am having a hard time adjusting to working after such an awesome weekend.  Details in Lexie log.  It really is hard to come back to work Mondays…

Word(s) of the day:  WASPISH, SNAPPISH, PETULANT, and PETTISHLY DYSPEPTIC

Lexie log:  Saturday we went to Gramma Betty’s and played.  The best part was Lexie taking Pete for a walk.  We walked around two blocks. Lexie held Pete’s leash tight, I put her wrist through the loop and then had her hang on tight to the strap.  She took this job very seriously.  She did not want him to tarry too long at one spot, and if he looked like he was heading for the street in the driveways, she would tell him sternly to stay out of the street.  I stayed close with Lexie while Gramma Betty and Daddy walked Yancey behind us.  At one point on a corner, a squirrel jumped out of a bush, skittered across the sidewalk and raced up a telephone pole.  This sent Pete racing for the pole with Lexie in tow.  She let go of his leash, after she hit the pavement.  She was pretty upset about Pete getting away from her, but no harm.  Then we rounded the corner to where Frank and I used to live and caught up with Leondre.  Haven’t seen him in a few years and he still looks as gangsta as ever.  In fact, one of the last memories I have of him is when he showed up on the porch, sat on the couch with an enormous amount of lip-gloss on, and just acted bizarre.  So this time, he’s sitting in the passenger seat of a car outside the front of his house and the smell of pot is wafting on the air.  Pete goes berserk, bearing his teeth, growling, barking, cackles raised.  It was all we could do to just get him passed.  Mildly adventurous dog walk.  Lexie just loved it, so did I.  --  Yesterday was one of the best days ever!  Grammy and GrampaDad took us to Enchanted Forest.  We all had such a blast.  Lexie went on everything her height would allow.  Her and I both rode The Ice Mountain Bobsled roller coaster together.  Grammy, Lexie and I went through the haunted house.  Lexie ended up in my arms with a choke hold on my neck as I held on tight to the back of Grammy’s t-shirt.  Lexie loved the bumper boats, kiddy Ferris wheel, frog hopper, the shoe slide and especially the roller coaster and story book lane.  Oh I couldn’t have asked for a better time.  I’m having fun withdrawals here at work.  I can’t wait to go look at the pictures tonight.  I would type more stories, but lunch is over and I’m out of time for the day. I really need to post camping and Enchanted Forest pictures.  I’ve been having some issue with ‘Hello’ lately.

Today I’m grateful for Frank and Lexie, Enchanted Forest, Grammy and GrampaDad, weekends, fun, fresh vegetables, and music.

No comments: