Monday, September 26, 2005

Edelweiss, Edelweiss, Every monring you greet me, Small and White, clean and bright, You look happy to meet me.

The inner blog… Every once in a while I’m hyper-conscious of my inner dialogue.  It used to mostly sound like conversations, but I’ve noticed lately that it’s starting to sound like a story line.  I’m starting to blog internally.  So…now my inner dialogue keeps track of what I want to write as well as lists upon lists of things to do, achieve, remember.  Yackity Yack, don’t talk back!  Seems like there is some truth to attaining a semblance of peace when you are able to tune out the ‘dialogue’.  On my way to work most mornings I listen to the radio after about 10 – 15 minutes of reflecting on life.  Seems the morning commute is about the only time for this.  Mondays is usually no radio, all reflection.  Shuttling down the highway at a nice clip in a cozy warm car at dawn internally blogging the whole weekend.  Ah, I love weekends.  Found some pictures from spring 2002 of Frank and I camping at Beacon rock when I was just pregnant with Lexie. – Strange thing, I somehow got it in my head that ‘harf’ is a word, but I don’t know why, where I got it from, and it isn’t in the dictionary.  It popped into my head this morning and I was going to use it as the word of the day, but I guess it isn’t a word.  Is that strange?  I feel like it should be a verb that means something like coughing, hacking, or something to do with dogs, cats, and fur balls.  – Wowzers! What’s this?  The Paradox of Self-Amendment?  

Word(s) of the day:  NOMIC

Lexie log:  Friday after work Lexie, Daddy, and I drove out to take a looksie at the Burley bike trailer.  It just so happens that the people getting rid of it own/operate the Chehalem Mountain Ranch.  What a treat for Lexie.  And we get to go back today to pick up the trailer.  Lexie loved being there from the start.  She loved Cooper the Australian Shepard, and then when she finally got focused and got in the trailer, she didn’t want to get back out.  They (Shannon and Rudy) threw in a helmet that fits her!  The way we ‘convinced’ her to get out of the trailer was to take her into the stables and show her a pony.  She was so excited she couldn’t stand still.  She just kept tiptoeing around, and squealing with glee.  When we finally got back to the car she put up a storm front tantrum.  This girl loves horses.  – Saturday we worked around the house, took some stuff to Good Will, returned cans, put the tent down, cleaned the tarps, and had a home day.  – Sunday was the first swim lesson.  One of the best gifts in the world!  A little slice of heaven.  Sitting in a 90 degree pool watching Lexie and two other three year old kids ( Matt and Kendle) be taught by a teacher who is obviously good with kids.  One of the wonderful parts is that in this environment she will take instruction but with Daddy or me, or even grandparents, she doesn’t.  Teacher AJ was able to get goggles and flippers on her without a fuss.  She sat and listened and watched the other two and what they did.  She followed his instructions, and before we knew it, she had water ‘rings’ on both arms, and was swimming around chasing balls.  Oh, I tell you it was heaven.  Awesome, wonderful, wish we could do it every day.  Can’t wait for Grandparents to come share the joy.  They have an observation room, so if you don’t want to sit on the deck of the pool, you can watch from there.  When I was thinking about it this morning on the way to work I had some far off memories of learning to swim with my uncle Mark in the pool at Sierra Dawn, my Grandparents retirement community in Hemet, California.  – We spent a lot of in-between time taking turns reading whichever book she brought us.  She’s really eating up the reading thing now.  Another awesome weekend.

Today I’m grateful for Frank and Lexie, Uncle Mark, Children of the Sea, Chehalem Mountain Ranch, Chris, Steve, Sue, Fred and their families, Mom and Dad, Jan, Val, Carrie, Kathie, Lana, Debbie, the kitties, weekends, and apple gum.

No comments: