Friday, January 21, 2005

Another Saturday Night and I won't have no money...

I just love screwing up song lyrics!

It's Friday, payday, blue skies, warmish temperature!

Recently, I've come to notice a few details of modern life that are beginning to make me feel older. Way back when I was in school, kids weren't running around with cell phones attached to their ears. We didn't have the World Wide Web to surf for school projects and entertainment. I can't listen to Z100 and the morning Zoo. That makes me feel old. And, our Saturday morning cartoons sure didn't look like "Finding Nemo".

Thanks to Val, now I know. I didn't know that lambs had their tails docked! I didn't even know that the transitive verb function of the word "dock" had another, not very friendly, meaning.

What is the difference between pronunciation and enunciation?

Word(s) of the day: PLACATE

We had a power outage at work yesterday afternoon. It went out 45 minutes before I left for the day. It is reported that a squirrel chewed through some wires. A squirrel knocks power out for dozens of city blocks! The girls here were cracking all kinds of jokes about pelvics by flashlight. Last time we had an outage here it was blamed on a Raccoon.

How does the grammar check on Microsoft Word actually work?

Lexie log: She loves peas, but not green beans? Wouldn't touch 'em! Last night, Lexie and I watched "James and the Giant Peach" before bed. She sat next to me on the couch, and we cuddled up in our fleece penguin throw blanket (Thanks TT!). Then, I woke up at 1:30 in the morning on the couch with Lexie, I had stolen the blanket from her in my sleep, and she was face down with her legs were hanging off the side of the couch. I probably wouldn't even have woken up then, but Frank woke me when he got up for a drink of water. Lexie inherited her Dad's upper lip, she doesn't barely have one. It makes her smile sweet and pixie like, and her pout adorable. Daddy has added "Wuz up!" to her vocabulary.

Today I'm grateful for Frank and Lexie, blue skies, friends, dreams, cheese, pools of water, and parents.




No comments: