Monday, January 31, 2005

Welcome, to the machine...

Another Monday. I've been pretty cheery today. Getting a lot of work accomplished. Cigna settlement project almost completely off my desk. Woo whooo, that is a big deal for me. Unfortunately, Daddy has been feeling pretty bad the last couple days. Terrible pain in his left lower side. It's the only thing that tugs at my good mood. It is very hard to care for some one in pain and not be able to do anything about it.

Word(s) of the day: DOOR HINGE

Lexie log: We watched "Spirit" twice this weekend. She has certainly got a liking for horses now. Now she alternates between being a puppy and a horsie. Is that the appropriate spelling for horsie? She also had her first "official" time-out yesterday. She kept banging her plastic dog on the glass of the hall table, which she has been told many times is off-limits. No matter how many times we had her stop, she just kept testing her boundaries. When she went into a tantrum, I picked her up, put her on her bed in her room, told her time-out for ten minutes, and shut the door. Set the timer on the microwave. Didn't hear a peep out of her, so I thought she fell asleep, but when I opened the door, she was still sitting there on the bed with a solemn look on her face. So sweet? She loves to have her teeth brushed with our Braun electric toothbrush.

For many years Frank and I have debated on the old riddle, "What word rhymes with 'Orange'?" There is supposed to be no answer to this, but Frank swears the answer is "door-hinge", one word.

Played a great practical joke, one of the best ever. Almost towards the end of "I Robot", at a very climactic moment, Frank went to use the restroom. As soon as he left the room, I noticed my glass blue head, in the hutch. A Christmas present from my aunt Chris, from years ago. It is like-size, and looks very similar to the robot heads from the movie. I quickly and quietly got up, pulled the head out of the hutch, placed it on the standing rear speakers behind the couch on the side Frank sits, placed a bath-robe around the speaker with one arm resting on the couch back, the other on the end table. Then I went back to wait. Oh, what a result. And Frank's reaction was priceless. I loved it. We took pictures afterwards, so I should post them sometime soon.

Today I am grateful for Frank and Lexie, garlic, movies, my parents, grapefruit, TT's healthy return, and light.

No comments: