Friday, January 07, 2005

Friday Funk

Lunch time again!

Bitch session: I am surly and irritable today. The building I work in started out as a house over sixty years ago. Since then, multiple additions have been added on to it to accomiate a growing practice of 20 doctors. The HVAC system is a nightmare. In the summer we melt, in the winter we freeze... usually. Today the boiler has been on since before I got here, and the heat is increasing my irritability. Since when does it ever have to be in the upper 70's indoors?

I hardly ever get angry patients on the phone, but today was an exception. Mrs. "patient" was already in a snit when she called and her hostility set me off. I'm glad it's almost the weekend. Nothing planned but sleep and play.

Watched The Terminal last night. Decent movie. Started out a little slow, but it was cute and funny. I love Albertson's movie rentals, .99 cents for a new release Mon-Thur! Our DVD player is going on the blink though... Every movie we watch, we fight with the entertainment center to keep from a blank blue screen. Not very entertaining. I guess we'lll have to start looking around for a new player.

Basically, I'm just not very interesting today. Just kind of fussy and curmudgeonly.

Today I'm grateful for Frank & Lexie, audio books, Acorn slippers, laughter, electricity, winter cuddles, and my "cool breeze" personal fan.

No comments: