Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Happy Anniversary Baby!

Wow, Saturaday ice storm, now it's a balmy 63 degrees. Fans on, windows open. Time for a siesta!

It my husband and my wedding anniversary today! Happy anniversary, sweepee, I love you! In my opinion we have a least two "songs." Reminiscing by the Little River Band, and Brown Eyed Girl by Van Morrison. I will have to check and see with Frank, what he thinks.

I had a Dr. appointment this morning. Blood pressure down, yeah! Also both the nurse and Dr. agreed that I should get a medical alert bracelet for allergy.

I should really type my blog before I eat, because afterwards my brain turns to mush. I'm not sure how I get any work accomplished.

Lexie log:
She does not like wearing hats of any type. She does not like to be shown how to do something. She wants to figure everything out on her own. She absolutely loves to be scared and to play hide and seek and chase around the house. She is learning the names of our cats very well. She doesn't like peanut butter. She likes to pretend she is a puppy and she likes to hide under Mommy's night gown. Lexie is a little human furnace. She will not sleep with any covers on, ever. She has a little spaz fit if you try to tuck her in. When she sleeps with us, she plays with my hair in her sleep.

Quiet uneventful work day. Oh, yeah except for around 8:30 this morning when Val jumped around the corner and scared the crap out of me. I literally screamed, and I stubbed my toe on my garbage can. Other than that, just posting insurance payments, one after the other.

I'm hoping to do some serious grocery shopping this weekend. We haven't gone since mid December. In fact, seems like our whole routine got out of wack between Lexie's birthday and Frank's. Why is it so hard to get back on track? It's almost like the fact that I know we will get back on track is part of the "thing" that is preventing me from worrying about it. A strange conundrum. I have Scarlet O'hara syndrome. "...Not today, I can't think about that today...I'll think about that tomorrow, after all, tomorrow is just another day." Boy am I going to miss salt!

Today I'm grateful for Frank and Lexie, motivation, wind, baby pictures, coffee, windows, hearing, little tiny fingers, and watermelon.

No comments: