Thursday, January 13, 2005

Grease is the Word

Grease is the word that you heard, it's got groove it's got meaning.

Call me crazy but... Is it normal for me to be weirded out that the co-worker who I just got in a "tiff" with in yesterday's meeting (see yesterday's blog entry) is out today on a ski trip with the office manager and one of the doctors here?? Any comments? I just got a bit ruffled and surprised by this news and need to find a way around my disgust. Val just noticed that the chip on my shoulder is starting to look like a second head (ha-ha Val), and I need to check myself and my motives.

Word(s) of the day: VERUCA

So...after mentioning the movie Stepford Wives, Carrie decided she misses having a gay friend. Odd. I guess I'll have to see the movie. That made me remember some of my old friends and aquantances. Rick was a hoot! Kevin was a great friend, but too pessimistic. Dave was a total ass who took credit for my macros and tried to sue the company we worked at for discrimination. Andrea was a very classy person. Linda probably would still been a good friend if we had stayed in contact. This is starting to sound like 88 lines about 44 gay friends. Oh, whatever.

Frank once told me that the word "whatever", when used as slang, translted into "f--- you." I guess it could sometimes, but...not really. Oh whatever. See? It didn't work there, like what, am I telling myself to "f myself"?

I guess I should censor my content a little since Lexie may read this some day, but no. I don't think so.

My goal in life is to keep things as simple as possible, but I tend to want to complicate things sometimes, I think it makes me feel more important. I also want to get back to the gym thre to five nights a week; I felt sooo much better when we were doing that. I have a serious addiction to the steam room. Next week, I promise. Accountable to the blog now. And thirdly... I want my family to have a house on an island one day. No fancy landscaping, for I do have a strong dislike for yardwork. Not necessarily and ocean island, however, Mexico would be wonderful/paradise. I'd settle for something like one of the small ones in the Columbia River. I can picture Huck Finn going by on his raft.

It's Julia Louis-Dreyfus' birthday today.

Haste, homely, comely, readily.

Vitamin update: The liquid vitamins for Lexie was a flop. They reek of vitamin smell, and she wouldn't even drink it in chocolate milk. Next we will try chewable.

Rubberband ball update: Literally starting to take shape. It's finally round. I add about two rubberbands a day on average. Val asked if it would bounce like a ball, we tested, and yes it works nicely as a superball. She said she might enjoy throwing it at cars outside the window. Just joking.

Today I have a dental appointment. Fun. Strange, but I have some weird thing that I don't want to eat food before the appointment. I guess I should have scheduled it for the morning, because now I'm starving.

Today I'm grateful for Frank and Lexie, food, coffee, our Accord, the Zoo, photographs, and laughter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really really enjoy reading your Blog (and not just because I'm your Mom.)