Thursday, January 27, 2005

Lolly, Lolly, Lolly get your adverbs here.

Well now, I've been working here for close to three years and there is still somebody in the credit department that can't spell my name correctly. It irks me every time I see it on a post-it or in an account note. So...just to be stupid, yesterday when I had to mention her in an account note, I mispelled hers. Repent, repent.

What's up with last night's episode of "Lost" being another re-run? Boy was I dissapointed.

Word(s) of the Day: RANKLE

It's a beautiful day outside, blue skies and sunshine. Unfortunately, I must remain on this side of the window for another three hours. Uh oh, better not get too descriptive... Don't want to put Carrie to sleep again. Apparently my co-worker couldn't keep her eyes open while attempting to read yesterdays ever so verbose description of a few of my work duties. Well Carrie, I dedicate this description to you! I have a pretty great window seat on the second floor. Our building sits at the end of a T- stop intersection, and I look up 42nd street. There is a stoplight 15 feet in front of the window directly at eye level with me. Therefore, people in their cars, stopped at a red light sit and stare up at the stop light, waiting for it to change to green. Looks just like they're staring straight into the window. At first I found this unsettleing, now it doesn't bother me anymore. I feel kind of like a voyeur. I can sit and watch the world go by. One block East on Broadway is a low-income housing building with a good mix of elderly folk and impoverished city dwellers. Once a day, on average, an ambulance or fire truck goes screaming up broadway rescue someone. Occasionally, an ambulance or firetruck will stop right outside the clinic front door, which I sit directly above, to assist one of our patients. Like good rubber-neckers, we all crowd around the windows and stare at the EMTs or Firemen or women. Once, about three weeks ago, a fireman on his way into the building looked up at my window, so I smiled and waved at him. Funny enough he waved back, and I couldn't stop laughing for ten minutes.

Ok Carrie, you can wake up now. Don't forget to wipe the sleep drool off your hand, silly thing.

Lexie log: Lately, Lexie has had a fondness for the game of tug-of-war. The catch is that she insists that we both have the "object" in our mouths. Like puppies. So once in a while she will come up to me with something, like maybe a Yo'gurt wraper that she's just emptied, and persuade me to put one end in my mouth, and then we thrash about like a couple of dogs over a chew toy. Probably looks odd! The best part is watching her try to keep her mouth shut while she's laughing hysterically. It's very interesting to watch the changes as time goes by. On Lexie's first Halloween, Daddy and I put on scary masks at the Freddy's to see how she would react and she laughed, her last halloween she got this horrified look on her face and the water works started faster than we could take them off and say "bad parents".

Today I'm grateful for Frank and Lexie, whoever invented the camera, horseplay, angels, and happiness.


No comments: