Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Hungry like the wolf...

Why does it take me so many attempts to complete a post-it note??? I mean, I have some type of post-it perfectionism or something. I almost always start out too big and have to scrap it to write smaller, then I invariably have multiple edits before I am satisfied. Reader tip...buy stock in Post-It.


Henry: When we first moved to New York we had a great apartment that was dirt cheap.
Kip: And we found out why it was so cheap.
H: Our friend Amy said there was a great apartment in her building.
K: Dirt cheap - but it's a hotel for women...OK. We made one adjustment.
H: Now these other ladies know us as Buffy and Hildegarde.
K: But the also know us as Kip and Henry, Buffy and Hildy's brothers.
K: I am crazy about the blonde.
H: This experience is going to make a great book.
K: See? It's all perfectly normal.


Word(s) of the day: VICHYSSOISE

So sad about Johnny Carson. Carson, Steve Martin, and Steven Wright are some of my favorite comedians.

I love my not so new, hand me down, desk lamp! Thanks KC. I think I must have some form of Seasonal Affect Disorder, because the lamp actually put a smile on my face. I lights up my document holder and papers, and also acts as a fairly decent hand warmer. Even though in my dream fantasy world, I work from home as a medical transcriptionist, this arrangement isn't too too bad. In fact, I'm quite please with my current desk layout.

I'm quite displeased with insurance terminolgy and concepts. It sucks! I loathe trying to explain co-pays, coinsurance and deductibles to patients. Especially when they are adamant that the doctors office "took" the copay. Argh! I sure would like to be a home transcriptionist!

Well, earlier today, and ongoing I guess, I had sort of a word of the day avalanche and here is the pile up:
CHORTLE persnickity JAUNTY sprinkles WANTON flimflam Blather drivel SUPERFLUOUS.

Oooh eeee. Look at me trying to be all tricky with my fonts...and what did it get me? Now I can't get back to they way it was. Damn!

Lexie log: Decided that Lord of the Rings is a little too violent for Lexie after we tried to watch it with her last night. Chikita and Lexie are becoming good pals. Chikita tolerates her better than the others, well, except maybe Tiki. Two years later and Felix still will not be in the same room with her except when he really wants something. Yesterday was Grammy's weekly Monday visit day and she brought Lexie a set of plastic toy figurines with multiple snakes, frogs, lizards, and beetles. She loves them. She walks around with them all stuffed in an oversized plastic Coca-Cola tumbler, and they have imaginary adventures around the house.

The State with the highest percentage of people who walk to work: Alaska

Today I am grateful for Frank and Lexie, endomorph reduction techniques, dancing, my desk lamp, my thermos, the Opti-grab, phone books, and comedians.





No comments: