Monday, January 17, 2005

Gloomy gloom

See spot sit and type.

It is a gloomy Monday, full of silence and warm/cool rain (sounds like a laundry setting). I'm glad, and I'm enjoying it. I'm sitting at my desk at lunch and it is quiet in the office. I can hear traffic splashing through the 42nd street intersection outside my window. Gee what a relaxing day at work. No laughing, no fighting, no traumas or emergencies. Even though everyone (except Tami) is here, it is still peaceful.

Lexie and I fell asleep on the couch last night watching the dog show. Didn't even see who one. It sure was sweet to wake up with her curled up on me on the couch though. She's already trying to act adult-like sometimes. She sits next to me and has a very "proper" conversation...except that only one or two of the words actually exist in the Merriam-Webster dictionary. So far, her terrible twos have been ok.

Word(s) of the Day: DIDDLY SQUAT

Doctor's appointment tomorrow at 11:15. This week is payday. Banks aren't open today and I'm out of Diet Cherry Coke. I guess I'm one of the few people who just doesn't enjoy Desparate Houswives. Tried to watch it, couldn't get into it. Our backdoor neighboor got chickens this summer. Odd. She ran electrical underground out to the shed and converted it to a chicken coup. The stay out in chicken fence durring the day, go in at night. Frank is concerned that our two resident racoons may get them. Two of his mothers ducks met their fate that way. I don't think so though. So what made this strange subject pop into my head? For the last couple of days it looks like she is building an extension to their living area, almost like a chicken run. Oh yeah, she has two of the largest dogs I have ever seen. She thinks we're crazy because we are sometimes loud. Frank and I watched a really interesting documentary on chickens on OPB last weekend.

This has been chicken talk.

Today I'm grateful for Frank and Lexie, chickens, rain, stories, and happiness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you don't have very many comments either