Sunday, January 16, 2005

Are you ready for some football, couch hashbrown?

Ice Storm 2005! The only thing on t.v. this weekend is ice storm coverage and Football. It has been a wonderfully relaxing weekend so far. Haven't been out of the house since Friday. The predicted ice storm actually did arrive and the network news stations had a field day with it. Right now they are covering "The Thaw". No kidding, one channel acutally has "The Thaw" in huge, bold, capital letters underneath the video. Mom made it to work yesterday, left a couple hours early to beat the refreeze, and didn't have to go in today, so that all worked out fine. Role reversal; I was getting ready to sit around and wait for her to call me and tell me she had made it home from work ok. So right before she usually leaves, I called Dad to tell him to make sure she calls me, and he tells me she's been home for a couple hours. She comes on the phone all sleepy and cuddly sounding, and I feel like scolding her for not calling me, but I don't. Hehehe.

As usual, Lexie is a blast! We have such a good time! Her favorite activity currently is bath/shower time. She is truly a water baby. Next to that is her swing, but it is just too cold for that lately. After that, she is pretty fond of bubbles. And boy does she love to sing! Any chance she gets she is singing. She really loves animated musicals, like the Lion King, that she can sing along with. Right now, while I type, she is watching it for the umpteenth time and I can hear her singing, "I just can't wait to be king".

The night before last I dreamt that Dad wrote "Across the Nightingale Floor" under a pseudonym. What a strange and colorful dream. My uncle Fred had a parrallel universe counterpart with a different last name, and they were both marine biologists in Mexico and Florida. There were gunfights and covert operations, burnt out cars on cliffsides and secret passages.

The picture of the ice storm is actually from Mom's house out in Yamhill.

Yesterday we watched the Steelers barely win against the Jets, then we cooked up a batch of cheesy hashbrown creamy chicken soup caserol...my favorite. Then we watched the Falcons slam the Rams. Today we start off with the Eagles against the Vikings, so far it looks like the Eagles. In fact, sounds like half time is over, so I'm back out to the couch. Wow, we must be cheesy hashbrown couch patatoes this weekend!

Grateful for Frank and Lexie, football playoffs, Tiki's go outside-get dirty-come inside-walk all over FrankandhisAlpacablanket with your wet dirt feet, Lexie singing, and water.


No comments: