Monday, January 24, 2005

Who let the dog out (who, who, who)!

Wow, am I grumpy today. Actually this has been going on for four days now. One of my longest ever grumpathons. I figured out, a few years back, that my grumpiness stems from unresolved issues nagging at me. Well, I've got plenty. Used to be that I could sit quietly and come up with a solution that would calm my psyche, but this time I appear to be in some sort of mental limbo. I'm sure it will clear up by the end of the week...like a bad rash or weather forecast...but right now I'm "in the moment", an dmy moment is tormented by nagging thoughts. Financial, health, housework, happy family. Hey, at least we're alive, even if we are kicking!

In 1972 a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the A-Team.

I love it when a plan comes together!

So...apparently when I'm not in tip-top mood, everyone else on the planet is a pill also? Correlation??? Seems to me that no matter how sweet I try to be to insurance company reps today, they all have some verbal attitude for me. This ain't no show and tell...Keep you malign deportment to yourself.

Total strangers who I've spoken with on the phone today: Cindy from Employers Health Trust, Gregg from HealthNet, Tracy from Harvard-Pilgrim, and Tawny from U.S. Benefits.

OK...Thanks Frank, honey, for the attitude adjustment. He just called to cheer me up, and he put a smile on my face. I love him.

Really weird!!! All of the sudden, Val pipes up and says that she heard on the radio this morning that today is supposed to be the most depressing day of the year. Is that weird, or what? LB's husband told her the same thing, which he heard on t.v. Wow! H0w trippy! Read on!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4187183.stm


Lexie log, stardate 2005: Sunday, we watched Inspector Gadget's field trip to San Fransico. I had no idea how cable cars worked! Fascinating! We had another slumber party Friday night. We both fell asleep while watching Harold and the Purple Crayon. Sunday, we combine two of her favorite activities...Bath time, and blowing bubbles. It was fun, but for some reason it's more difficult to blow bubbles in the bathroom. Maybe it has something to do with the heat and moisture from the bath water. Friday night she had her first taste of mashed potatoes, and she loved them.

I'm starving! I hate this!

Coca-Cola was originally green.

Today I am gratefull for Frank and Lexie, Monday the 24th, the internet, ketchup, mindless computer games, and tickle wars.


No comments: